Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/17/2004 6:14:20 AM EST
Hi guys, Ive got a question for you. The hardware store downtown is relocating, and in the process they are losing their gun section. So, as a result they are having a gun clearance right now. I go to check them out, and they have 10% off all their guns. One that they have is a Colt AR-15 A2. That is what it said on the lower receiver. It looked fairly old. It did not have a forward assist, or a case deflector. It had a 20" barrel, A1 sights, the lower receiver did not have the raised section around the mag button, it was flat. I was surprised at how light it was.....it was lighter than my 16" RRA. The stock felt like more of a plastic than my current stock. It just felt more plasticy. It came with 7 USGI (Colt and Adventure Line) mags, which all looked good. I believe it said "Sporter" or "Sporter II" on the lower receiver, I cant remember which. The rifle was in good condition, it looked like it hadnt been fired too much. It had a bayonet lug, and a flash hider. Thats all I can think of for right now. Based on the above information, is it possible to distinguish an approximate age? Value? He was asking $1250 for it, take 10% off and it goes to $1125. Id guess it would come down a little more once they get closer to the end of stocking guns. Is it something I should pick up, or pass on? Any help you could give me would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 9:45:58 AM EST
It may have been worth $1100 during the ban, but it's not worth that now. $800 yes, $900 maybe. That's all I'd consider paying for it; but then I'm a cheapskate
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 10:13:36 AM EST
I would not buy it for that price.....or anywhere close

since:

A) it is an older model

B) Not a collector version

C) That money gets you a brand new, top of the line AR today, PLUS extra mags

my $.02
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 5:32:01 PM EST
Thanks guys I will pass on it. I was planning on getting a 20" Stag/RRA so I will go ahead with those plans. Just wanted to check on this first. Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 4:30:20 AM EST
it is a transitional model...done to use up the A1 parts before going all A2...nice light rifle...but too much in $
Top Top