Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/1/2006 2:36:21 PM EDT
  Hello, This is my first post here and am excited about finding this websight.  I do have a question for you guys.  I have been a police officer for almost 7 years now.  Back in 2000, I bought a Colt AR15A3 tacticle carbine for $800 from another officer.  The model is 6721 I do beleive and it also has a LBD 4 digit serial number.  The officer I bought it from, purchased it back in 1997.  It probably has fired fewer then 500 rounds and is in mint condition with no added parts.  It is also stamped military,law enforcement, or export use only and the upper is stamped M4.  I also have the original box with all papers and plastic bags.  When I bought it, I got the rifle, 1000 rounds of ammo, blanks, and 2 colt 20 rd mags and 28 30 rd USA mags. It was to good to pass upheck.
Thankyou.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:12:04 PM EDT
[#1]
If this is the 16" tactical carbine, it sells new for around $1,100- $1,150

I would estimate it being worth every penny of what you paid for it, maybe even $900.

And would be a great find.

Welcome aboard , GunGuy!
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:31:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, its the 16 inch HBAR model.  Unfortantly, I dont get that much free time to take it to the range.  But, the dept. has Bushmaster carbines just like mine that I train alot with.  I guess you could say its like having your cake and eating it too.

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:35:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Officers are selling them for $800 all the time.  They were pretty cheap for LE during the AWB, I think my AR15A3 was under $750 brand new out the door.  You did fine on the weapon price, and great if you count all the extras.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top