Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 8/2/2003 4:36:54 PM EDT
non-colt magwell blocks, not that it matters. colt smg upper. car stock. colt style car stock buffer. DPMS pre-ban lower.
action cycles & loads round. fires once, won't pick up the next rd. manually cycle action, fire again. same thing again.
the hammer has a "step" in the face, I am guessing this is a semi-auto hammer. The bolt has been ramped, and runs fine in my full-auto lower.
suggestions?
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 2:35:55 PM EDT
I am so overwhelmed with the outpouring of technical expertise from the members of this formum that I am all but speechless. 16 reads, not a single word in reply, not a single e-mail related to my difficulty. not even a smart-aleck reply! thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 9:38:37 AM EDT
It is strange that nobody has said anything! When the round is fired is it ejected correctly? are you getting any jams/stovepipes? I had a problem like this but it just turned out to be simple drag on the bolt. Like a dumbass I had applied some grease to the bolt (dumb) and it slowed the bolt enough that my 9mm became a single shot or jam-o-matic -- I went back to good old CLP. If you are using a Colt style one-piece magblock, it might be up a little too high and the ejector is rubbing on the bolt. The ejector should be up in the bolt face area but not so tight that it's acting as a brake. Sorry I can't give an better reply. Good Luck
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 10:19:32 AM EDT
First, welcome to the board. After the round is fired, is the bolt being blown back? It sounds like what AR-fan described, as if the bolt isn’t moving backwards. What mag block are you using?
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 10:33:53 AM EDT
you have im mail.......
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 11:08:04 AM EDT
finally suggestions. thanks! looks like problem is the buffer sticks in the buffer spring. will try sanding the outside of the metal buffer off 1st, before I spend money on another buffer/spring assy. before I do that, I am having a C-2 "make" it into a SBR (it's preban AR) so I can use my suppressor and a shorty upper on it. thanks for the response, though it was slower coming than I expected. raffica22
Top Top