Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2004 5:04:39 AM EDT
About a year and a half ago Colt raised the price of the then LE restricted 32 round mags for the 9mm AR15. The retail price went from around $30 to $50. In about 1995 they came out with a re-designed slick finish mags with the plastic followers were not as reliable as the phosphate gray parkerized older mags with the metal followers.

Before the ban, Mec Gar had produced 32 round mags for the 9mm AR15. Does anyone have any experience with these? Do they work well?

Hope Mec Gar or someone else comes out with some lesser expensive mags soon.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 5:29:19 AM EDT
[#1]
FWIW----

I have some 32rd Mec-Gar mags for my Uzi that also have the mag catch for AR15/M16's, and they work fine in my Colt 9mm.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 5:36:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Where'd you get 'em?  Do they fit loosely in the AR15 like the Uzi mags I have (that don't work) do?
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 6:19:03 AM EDT
[#3]
I got them at a funshow about 10 years ago, and they actually fit rather snuggly in my Hahn mag block.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 6:03:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Pro-Mag is making a plastic mag for the Colt 9mm. It should sell at around $15-20 bucks. But quality is yet to be known.. I have 2 for evaluation on order, as soon as they get here, I will beat on them and report..
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top