Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/16/2003 9:31:24 PM EDT
Hello I just got a Olympic Arms 9mm upper for my Colt Preban Lightweight Sporter and it does not mate up. The takedown pins match but I cannot charge the handle. I have 2 other uppers 1 from Oly .223 and another from DPMS .223 pre and post and they fit. Also the Oly upper in 9mm will fit on the Oly lower but it is a postban and this upper has an evil bayonet lug.
the only thing that looks like it might interfere is a block pinned into one side marked COLT.

Side note if I file off the baynet lug will it be legal to install on a post ban lower?
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 8:32:59 AM EDT
[#1]
If you have a Colt's manufacturing model that has the "receiver block" in the lower, with WILL interfere with the pistol caliber uppers.

Re: The pistol cal conversion units from Oly have weighted carriers that are solid in the back of the carrier body. These carriers will impact the Colt's receiver block.

Solution: File off that STUPID block and be gone with it! You don;t need it and the only reason Colt's put it in their (in their infinite wisdom...) is so that you have to use a Colt's only bolt carrier that they shave the bottom off of completely to acommodate the receiver plug.

It is a solution that Colt created for a problem that Colt created. Go figure. Just like the democrats; Create a problem, and then when you come up with a solution to the social problem that you created, and charge the costs of the solution to the taxpayers, you become a "Social Engineer" and a genius in the minds of the sheep like voters. (END RANT)
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 12:14:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply, I figured as much. It doesn't even look right in there. Before I whip out the trusty dremmel I suppose lopping it off evenplane with the lower will be enough. It there an advantage to taking it out completly? I never plan to add DIAS or LL but I dont want a hole in the side of the receiver either? Do I want it all or what?
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 4:33:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Sell the out of mil spec Colt lower and buy a preban Bushmaster lower that doesn't have that sear block.
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 8:41:48 PM EDT
[#4]
GREAT IDEA,but I don't see many BM preban Lowers for sale,and when you do,they are Pricy..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top