Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/29/2005 11:23:09 AM EDT
I just purchased a 6920 upper and would like to install a 37mm launcher sometime in the future.  Right now, however, I would like to install some kind of FF rail system.  Is there a specific rail system that can incorporate a 37mm launcher on the bottom rail?  I remember looking through some pics of AR's and some of you guys had the launcher plus top and side rails.  That would be my ideal set up.

Also, I looked around 37mm.com in addition to the AR15 archives and could not find any info on this.  Any help would be great!  Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 11:27:24 AM EDT
[#1]

este?
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 11:29:41 AM EDT
[#2]
deleted
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 11:31:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 11:37:32 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
 Is there a specific rail system that can incorporate a 37mm launcher on the bottom rail?  

I don't know anyone selling a 37mm launcher mount that attaches to a rail.  However the guys at 37mm.com would know.

There are several FF units that allow you to mount a 37mm launcher to the rifle via the standard mount:
Troy MRF
Sampson S-MRF
ARMS SIR

There are also several non FF units which will allow the same:
KAC RIS & RAS
YHM 2 piece
MI 2 Piece & Sampson 2 piece units shouls also be able to work with the launchers
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 1:07:42 PM EDT
[#5]
There are no 37mm units that mount to a rail without some sort of custom conversion. What you are seeing is a tube mounted with a standard mount, and the top portion of a rail system. It works the same way with a true M203: The 203 occupies the space where the bottom rail handguard would mount.

You would have to ask around for certain 37mm/rail combinations, as 37mm launchers are not mil-spec, and some have different mounting dimensions.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top