Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/12/2009 6:08:18 PM EDT
It is cocked to the left.  I can straighten it up with my fingers, but it is spring loaded and just springs back to the left when I let go.  Is there supposed to be a screw or pin in the front hole that is in front of the sight? Thanks

Link Posted: 6/12/2009 6:12:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Normal.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 6:14:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Nothing is wrong with it. They all do that.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 6:16:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Yep, some more than others (like that one).

mine

Link Posted: 6/12/2009 6:23:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Normal.

Though closer the extreme end of it.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 6:26:45 PM EDT
[#5]
DANG! That's kind of funky looking
I just remembered I had a couple of RRA's that I have set back for a couple of M4's I have coming in and they don't look like that and they aren't spring loaded where you can move them back and fourth.  Is it just the Colts?
RRA's

Link Posted: 6/12/2009 6:30:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Out of spec ?
Never seen one that bad in twenty plus years of fooling around with uncle sugars inventory or on the private side either.
Can you exchange it ?
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 6:32:39 PM EDT
[#7]
That's about as bad as I have seen them.
But it should be functional.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 6:33:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Thats why I like my A1 carry handle.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 6:42:49 PM EDT
[#9]
That one is really bad, but it should still work ok. My Colt and dpms rear sights both have a small amount of cant to them, but nothing like that one.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 6:43:25 PM EDT
[#10]
That can't be from Colt.....No way
Apparently somebody robbed the gold filling from it or something.
Mil-spec gorgeous.....

Sorry, I had to
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 6:45:08 PM EDT
[#11]
It functions fine. Just looks like crap. If this was a century AK, I won't have thought anything about it.  I guess, I was expecting more from a COLT!
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 1:37:04 AM EDT
[#12]
My detachable carry handle has a crooked sight, too just like yours.  I've owned 7, 8, 9 or 10 Colts in the past 15 years or so, all of them are fixed carry handle model except for one, the LE6920.  I have never seen crooked rear sight on fixed carry handle Colts, only on those with detachable ones.  Weird!
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 3:11:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Thats even normal over here too
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 3:45:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
It functions fine. Just looks like crap. If this was a century AK, I won't have thought anything about it.  I guess, I was expecting more from a COLT!

put it on EE. A S&W fan who swears fit and finish don't mean shit will put it on their MP15 and be happy.

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 4:03:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 4:13:29 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

My Rock River doesn't do that.. nor my bushmaster...  hmmm

Must be that Koolaid Colt mil spec thing  

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 5:29:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I just remembered I had a couple of RRA's that I have set back for a couple of M4's I have coming in and they don't look like that and they aren't spring loaded where you can move them back and fourth.  Is it just the Colts?
RRA's
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/WolfFox/rralong.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/WolfFox/rra.jpg

Should have stuck with RRA. I'll garuantee it the tables were turned and it was a Rocky that had this deformity
RRA would have been blasted and Koolaiders would be telling you thats what you get for not buying a pony.
Conversely, a Colt could have a U shaped barrel and there would be some explanation for it.

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 5:38:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
RRA's

Should have stuck with RRA. I'll garuantee it the tables were turned and it was a Rocky that had this deformity
RRA would have been blasted and Koolaiders would be telling you thats what you get for not buying a pony.
Conversely, a Colt could have a U shaped barrel and there would be some explanation for it.

Or it's normal so quit running your mouth since you obviously don't know what you are talking about?
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 5:39:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Quoted:

My Rock River doesn't do that.. nor my bushmaster...  hmmm

Must be that Koolaid Colt mil spec thing  

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=7&t=446771
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 5:41:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 5:53:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Yeah, it's designed that way. My LMT fixed BUIS is the same way. I'm all for looks but if it's intended to be as such, and more importantly, if it works properly, then it's no big deal.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 5:56:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
ETA: Joe- Thank you Sir.

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 6:00:31 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 7:17:20 AM EDT
[#24]
My Century C15's rear sight was about that loose. It's a Colt M16 A2 upper receiver, well used before becoming a Century sporter.

I cleaned up the parts, and installed a new roll pin, as my roll pin was well used too. Roll pin helped a bunch and removed some of the slop.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 7:30:32 AM EDT
[#25]
All of you people who think that is acceptable are freaking idiots!!  I own a 6920, mine is peerrrffeect!  That picture of the sight and the attitude that this is "OK" is deplorable!  To everyone who said "normal" - go check yourself!  and move on to another site!  

Thanks agian for a great site!
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 7:45:34 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
All of you people who think that is acceptable are freaking idiots!!  I own a 6920, mine is peerrrffeect!  That picture of the sight and the attitude that this is "OK" is deplorable!  To everyone who said "normal" - go check yourself!  and move on to another site!  

Some people are more concerned with function over looking pretty.  If you want pretty, buy a rock river.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 7:45:49 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 7:45:54 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

You have difficulty with reading comprehension, don't you?
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 7:48:32 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've owned AR-15/M16 rifles for 20 years now, and have handled many more, and ALL A2 sights I've seen are canted like that, regardless of the manufacturer. Perhaps some more than others, but all exhibit it.

I pitty you....
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 7:50:45 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've owned AR-15/M16 rifles for 20 years now, and have handled many more, and ALL A2 sights I've seen are canted like that, regardless of the manufacturer. Perhaps some more than others, but all exhibit it.

I pitty you....

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 8:01:31 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 8:02:10 AM EDT
[#32]
Koolaiders....he he he, I love it.  U-shaped barrel...even better.  ROTFLMAO....
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 8:02:45 AM EDT
[#33]
The cant is normal, but that is off more than I've ever seen before.

It has no major impact on sighting as long as it is consistently in the same place.  If those sights wobbled back and forth, you'd be all over the place.  Since it is consistently in one place, your sight picture will always have some degree of continuity,

- BG
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 8:06:31 AM EDT
[#34]

Here are 2 examples of A2 sights from my safe.  I have sold and handled hundreds of AR's. those that I did saw with screwed up A2 sights were repaired.

FAIL   is what I say to your acceptance of the canted sight in this thread
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 8:08:36 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 8:09:06 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
RRA's

BS.  I have a RRA carry handle that is crooked like that, I also have a Colt one that is crooked, it is COMPLETELY normal, a non-issue.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 8:17:05 AM EDT
[#37]
To all - OK!
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 8:56:10 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some people are more concerned with function over looking pretty.  If you want pretty, buy a rock river.

Yep, if you want canted sites on a rifle you over paid for based on armchair commando ratings, buy a 6920.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 9:25:32 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
The cant is normal, but that is off more than I've ever seen before.

It has no major impact on sighting as long as it is consistently in the same place.  If those sights wobbled back and forth, you'd be all over the place.  Since it is consistently in one place, your sight picture will always have some degree of continuity,

- BG

this.

I'm not one those guys who says "it's a tool" every time aesthetics are mentioned; matter of fact, I like my stuff to look good, but this thread is ridiculous.  If you are looking at the top of your rifle when the SHTF, you're doing it wrong- the sight picture will be the same when looking through it.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 9:30:26 AM EDT
[#40]
Again... I've never owned a Colt.  I wasn't looking for a pretty gun.  I had just heard son many wonderful things about the 6920.  The trigger had a 8-8.5 trigger pull had to send it to Bill Springfield to do a trigger job.  Then I noticed the canted sight.  Didn't know if something was messed up or not.  I have two RRA carry handles in the package and I checked the Colt against the RRA.  The Colt just didn't look right I the reason I asked.  It works, just dang it dosn't look right.

Colt

RRA
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 6:38:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Well then put the RRA CH on your Colt and move out and feel better about it.  If you are putting optics on the upper all this was for nothing anyway.

FWIW your Colt CH looks no worse than any rack grade M4 that came with a CH.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 8:30:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Boy, people sure do go a long way to make themselves feel better for not buying a Colt...

Don't strain yourself patting your own back.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 8:40:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Most of my issued Colt M-4s have had rear sights that were somewhat canted and under spring tension.  Didn't cause any problems.  Either way...WTF is the carrying handle doing on there anyway?  Get an optic and a folding BUIS
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:57:18 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Most of my issued Colt M-4s have had rear sights that were somewhat canted and under spring tension.  Didn't cause any problems.  Either way...WTF is the carrying handle doing on there anyway?  Get an optic and a folding BUIS

It's not sitting on the Colt.  The carry handle is now sitting on a Spikes tactical M4 22 LR upper. A Troy flip-up Tritium rear sight
...is sitting on the Colt in back of a Burris XTS-135.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:54:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Here is my carry handle off of a 6920

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top