Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/12/2003 6:41:14 PM EDT
hi all, I hope someone can explain something to me. The top knob on this scope has settings for different yardage. The first setting says for 100 to 200 yards. Am I understanding this right, this setting is the same at both ranges? Same POI. Thanks
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 7:14:45 AM EDT
[#1]
That is correct.  The first setting is for one to two hundred yards.  That works out because of the high scope mounting height and the relatively flat shooting 223 trajectory.  It defies common experience, but the high scope mounting changes things a lot.  Years ago I had a hard time believing it too.  I did the math with formulas in the Sierra reloading manual with actual scope height data, velocity, etc.  Short answer:  It works.  However, you will be shooting low at short range.  Best.  Watch-Six
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top