Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2004 9:16:09 PM EST
[Last Edit: 5/9/2004 9:18:57 PM EST by MouseBoy]
Assuming the AWB ban expires, is it possible to convert the 20RD Colts, blocked to 10RDs back into 20rds? What will the proceedure after 9-14-04 be to do so? These were shipped with Colt Sporters prior to the 1994 ban.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 4:16:17 AM EST
on Colts, remove the rivit, remove floor plate, remove "U" shaped restricter, reassemble ..., ya got a 20 rounder !!
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 6:50:13 AM EST
Thanks! How do you remove the rivit?
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 4:48:55 AM EST
i have drilled it out & being very soft aluminum i cut off the head with my Leatherman, push it in, then depress the tab in the round hole with a cartridge & slide back.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 10:41:25 PM EST
[Last Edit: 5/11/2004 10:50:19 PM EST by FishKepr]
Actually, the 20 round mags blocked to five rounds prior to the 09-94 ban are considered grandfathered high-caps since they were manufactured as such prior to the ban. It's perfectly legal to remove the blocks right now.

HOWEVER, some states require blocked mags for hunting, so I think it's actually better to trade them on the EE to someone who needs them for GI mags. That's what I did with mine and got two brand new Colt mags with alloy followers in exchange. This is back when they were going for $35 each.
Top Top