Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2006 10:14:15 PM EDT
Hi all,

Im wanting to try out a EOtech. Only problem is Im red/green colour blind. I can see the dot in a red dot scope but cant get my hands on a holosight to give it a go (Im down in New Zealand). Before taking a chance and getting one sent down here I was wondering if any of you guys were colour blind and how this effects your view through these types of scope (or a red dot for that matter).

Many thanks in advance,

Cheers.....
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 1:57:52 AM EDT
I am profoundly color blind.  I do not have any trouble using the EOTech that is mounted on my AR.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 2:39:41 AM EDT
I have a good friend that is color blind. He can not see red at all. As a result he can't see any of the red dots on my rifles. Everyone has different eyes. Try heading down to a local gun shop and ask if they'll let you look through one. Its the only way to know really.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 4:11:02 AM EDT
<-Red green colorblind - no problem using the EOTech.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 5:31:12 AM EDT
Colorblind here also...
Have both an Eotech & Aimpoint, no problems.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 12:26:54 PM EDT
Excellent - thanks for that guys. Always a bit of a risk when getting things brought in from the good ole U.S.A as often postage costs can make returning items not viable.

Thanks for your time :)
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 3:11:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/18/2006 3:11:23 PM EDT by BigBore45]
 For those of you who are color blind what do reddots look like to you,grey?  
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 5:20:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/18/2006 5:22:29 PM EDT by Loosecat]
The potential problem with red/green color blindness is that red is very hard to see when up against a green background - it kind of just merges in. In really bad cases it will dissapear into green alltogether, although it depends on what kind of red it is and how bright it is. A good example is that if you have a large green tree with red flowers a color blind person they cannot see the flowers - the tree will just be green.

Its not as bad as it sounds and its not really a problem - you get used to it.

Im thinking that because the red dot is actually on a different plane quite close to your eye its not so much as a problem but being bright and illuminated probably helps to.
Top Top