Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2006 11:32:29 AM EDT
Simple question hopefully.  I've got a Colt upper on the way to me and wanted to know how the color match is with a Stag lower.  Since CMT makes both, I'm crossing my fingers that they'll be the same.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 1:37:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I would not count on them being the same

Similar? Sure.

But I think too much is made of the CMT/Colt relationship.

Colt makes their own lowers, and I think only in a real pinch, goes outside for uppers

Unless the two components are from the same batch, there will be subtle differences, but usually not enough to matter on reasonably new parts.

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:57:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:27:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I just mated a Stag lower and a Bushmaster upper for my Dissy build and they match PERFECT.  Especially after a nice coat of WD-40
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:02:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:07:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I would think the actual shade of the anodized parts could vary from batch to batch ... however slight it may be ...  my factory Colt 6721 has different shade upper and lower easily seen when dry and in bright light ...
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:24:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys.  Close was really what I was looking for.  Not a gray upper and a black lower.  Not that it makes them shoot any differently, but ya kind of like the curtains and the carpet to match.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:11:31 AM EDT
[#7]
I put a CMT upper on my Colt lower, and it matches better than the Colt upper I got rid of. The CMT was bone dry, gray, and chalky when I got it. After I CLP'ed it, I was very happy.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top