Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/8/2004 6:51:45 AM EST
Silly question: Can I use a collapsible stock on a 20” AR? Will the shorter buffer and spring work with the full length gas system?

I know it’s silly, but I just really like the 6 position collapsible stocks and, with a little luck, the AWB will sunset in a few days.

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:56:52 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/8/2004 6:59:28 AM EST by Stainless]

Originally Posted By chp5:
Silly question: Can I use a collapsible stock on a 20” AR? Will the shorter buffer and spring work with the full length gas system?

I know it’s silly, but I just really like the 6 position collapsible stocks and, with a little luck, the AWB will sunset in a few days.

[teh ass] man, it's only been a week since this was asked last [/teh ass]

here you go...
Collapsible stock on a 20" AR
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:57:08 AM EST
Yes, it works fine.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 7:49:01 AM EST
I tried it but it the balence was terrible. Went back to an A1 stock.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 7:58:02 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 7:59:42 AM EST
The way I see it ,if you want to do it go for it. It'll shorten up the OAL of the rifle a few inches when it's closed and you can adjust it for your kids to shoot the rifle too. At a later date maybe you can pick up a carbine length upper(of a disapator in your case, because it used the same length handguards) and be good to go.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:29:45 AM EST

Originally Posted By TNFrank:
you can adjust it for your kids to shoot the rifle too.

That's exactly why I want it. I'd like my kids to start with the 20" upper because it's slightly milder than my 16" uppers.

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:43:18 PM EST
I have a 6 position stock on my 20" Colt and like the portability of the stock and the ballistics of the longer barrel.

Looks kinda funky collasped though. LOL.
Top Top