Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/7/2005 10:40:14 PM EDT
Hello. I'm trying to decide which collapsible stock to install on my AR15. I've looked at all of them from the standard ones, to the Magpul ones. I would like to use the standard type (6 position?) I think. All I can find are the "fiberlite" ones. I thought that there were some that were made of aluminum or something like that. Is this true? Would the aluminum ones have any advantage over the "fiberlite" ones? Thank you for your advice.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:49:02 PM EDT
tacked at the top so bandwith would not be wasted with dupe threads

you can also search "collapsable stock(s)" and you will get a lot of returns.

there is another thread exactly like yours not to far down.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:16:42 AM EDT
I don't see any advantage to the aluminum. All of my adjustable stocks are fiberlite.

You can get the aluminum ones here:

www.essentialarms.com/alumstock.html

and

www.essentialarms.com/mildimstock.html
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:44:00 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:50:25 AM EDT
exactly what IS that "good reason" ??
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:52:55 AM EDT
Its completely sturdy and has the best cheek weld of anything out there.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:05:48 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:56:41 AM EDT
If you don't want a MagPul, or can't afford it, then the Stag/CMT is the way to go. Mil-spec tube, sturdy, and low cost.

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:52:06 PM EDT
Thank you for all the information. eklikwhoa, that's a good tacked thread, and I read it last night. The more I read about those Magpul stocks the more I think I might want to try one.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:03:12 PM EDT
On my current AR (DPMS Panther Carbine), I have the standard VLTOR Carbine Modstock. I did not use the cheek welds. I opted to install the storage compartments and I am glad I did. Much better feel than the cheek welds.

I am building another DPMS (AP4 Panther Carbine) this time around. I am going with the LMT SOPMOD. I was originally planning to put on the Magpul M93B, but I have heard more positive things about the LMT than I have the Magpul. I do not think that I will be sorry for opting for the LMT SOPMOD.

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:44:45 PM EDT
Sorry 556 your probably going to end with a few gathering dust before you decide which one you like best. After all this is a disease!
It depends on your purpose for the stock if its an accessory got to have type of thing go cheap, IMHO it allows more financial room for error.
If you want to cave somebodies skull in with confidence get the ACE SOCOM -also designed with a feature which strengthens the buffer tube at it weakest point - the threads/castle nut and chunk of alum on the business end which is a great hammer all by it self watched a guy I know build a house with one LOL. (Bob you oughta gimme a commision for selling your stocks) Kinda pricey piece in the MAGPUL dollar range... but that depends on who you know and where you shop.
J&T has a rubber coated aluminum 1st generation 4 position collapsable stock for about $135.00 -a more financially obligated version of the cheepies which you can have for a $50 spot or so. . .
But have plenty of scratch left to tweak it with a 4 position (you can drill two more holes) DPMS buffer tube from Brownells add an extended butt-pad from SOGARMORY -A MUST have item for any Fiberite type stock which you may choose (hint Gorilla Glue will hold it anywhere and to any stock) add some CHEEK-EEZ 3/8" to raise the comb just a bit, then notch it out so you can still operate the charging handle when the stock is collapsed - slap on a 1point sling adapter swap castle nuts with the new type so you can also buy the wrench for $7 buy a new sling too get all that, and have money left over to take the wife to Red Lobster, sounds like something I did that way its easier to work on the next stock.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:54:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/8/2005 5:55:42 PM EDT by RABIDFOX50]
Sorry, dbl. post.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:55:13 PM EDT

Originally Posted By jrs93accord:
On my current AR (DPMS Panther Carbine), I have the standard VLTOR Carbine Modstock. I did not use the cheek welds. I opted to install the storage compartments and I am glad I did. Much better feel than the cheek welds.

I am building another DPMS (AP4 Panther Carbine) this time around. I am going with the LMT SOPMOD. I was originally planning to put on the Magpul M93B, but I have heard more positive things about the LMT than I have the Magpul. I do not think that I will be sorry for opting for the LMT SOPMOD.

Another vote for the VLTOR. I have two and will never part with them. Magpul looks good and I may get one.
Top Top