Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/2/2002 10:53:37 PM EDT
I have a RRA 6 pos. aluminum collapsible stock.  I want to pin it so I can use it on my post ban rifle.  There is a hole on the top part of the stock where if you tapped it and put a screw in it, it would prevent it from collapsing.  Would this be acceptable since it would require tools to remove in order to collapse?

Thanks,
Wes
Link Posted: 12/2/2002 11:41:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey Chev-I'm really not 100% certain on this issue, but I seriously doubt that your method would meet BATF guidelines.  I say this because a screw would only be a [u]temporary[/u] solution. Yes, it does require a tool to remove it, but I would think the BATF would treat this just like a muzzle brake on a post-ban barrel (needs to be permanently affixed to the barrel).  The only way you could put the tele-stock on a post-ban lower receiver would be if you modified the stock [u]permanently[/u] to prevent the stock from collapsing.  You may want to refer to the legal forum on this site.  Either way someone here will be able to give you give you a more definitive answer.  You also may want to keep the tele-stock and buy a non-telescoping cosmetic look-alike.  I believe all major manufacturers make them, and it would save you a big headache.  Also if the '94 AWban sunsets, you'll still have a good tele-stock around and can replace the look alike.  Hope this helps!
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 1:13:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Your screw method while A good Idea will not pass ATF guidelines. In order for one of the collapsable stocks to be 'pinned' The mod must be permanate; as in the buffer tube and stock are fused in some manner. I've herd of people drilling out the locking pins on collapsable stocks and then driving a straight pin into the stock form the bottom as well as the top. You can do and alluminum spot weld and grind that smooth.

Still your safest bet is to put that stock away for when the AW ban dies, And Get a post ban model to last you untill '04....

JIM
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top