Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 10/28/2003 6:55:41 PM EDT
so I have been reading in different posts about the pre-ban/post ban language being lifted or changed next year (if anyone can point me in the direction of a informational post pertaining to this, it would be greatly appreciated) I was wondering if there is anyway to put a collapsable on the post ban AR I am building? I would like to make it "non-collapsable" (to keep it legal) for the time being and hopefully make it collapsable when/if this assault weapons ban is lifted. Is there anyway to do this?
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 7:24:52 PM EDT
i bought a cheapo colapsible for a post ban that i was gonna experiment with for the same purpose if i remmber right you can put in a allen screw in place of the lever you use to collapse it somehow and that would be leagle then you just take your allen wrench to adjust. but as to do it im not sure im still experimienting but it cant be too hard to figure out ive also thought of using a short buffer tube with it to make it in a permint collapsed position wich would work well in theroy i just got it today so i havnt done much experimenting
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 2:53:53 AM EDT
If a non collapsible piece can be converted to collapsible w/o replacing the entire assembly, it is not considered to meet the current requirements. That's the (unfortunate) bottom line. The only way to get what you want is to bite the bullet and get one unit now, and the other when (and if) the ban expires [;D]
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 8:33:08 AM EDT
Well looks like I "might" just have to buy two stocks[banghead]
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 8:17:34 PM EDT
hmmm looks like i have lots more experimienting to do.. thing i dont understand is fulton armory is selling post ban calapsibles they adjust with an allen wrench it looks like a stubby stalk but the back plate slides out. mabey if i filled in the holes on the stock with somthing and then treaded them to accept an allen screw you wouldnt be able to convert it back as the holes would be too small but it would allow for adjusting with a allen wrench. think this would work?????
Top Top