Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2003 6:55:41 PM EDT
so I have been reading in different posts about the pre-ban/post ban language being lifted or changed next year (if anyone can point me in the direction of a informational post pertaining to this, it would be greatly appreciated) I was wondering if there is anyway to put a collapsable on the post ban AR I am building?  I would like to make it "non-collapsable" (to keep it legal) for the time being and hopefully make it collapsable when/if this assault weapons ban is lifted.  Is there anyway to do this?
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 7:24:52 PM EDT
[#1]
i bought a cheapo colapsible for a post ban that i was gonna experiment with for the same purpose  if i remmber right you can put in a allen screw in place of the lever you use to collapse it somehow and that would be leagle then you just take your allen wrench to adjust.  but as to do it im not sure im still experimienting but it cant be too hard to figure out   ive also thought of using a short buffer tube with it to make it in a permint collapsed position wich would work well in theroy  i just got it today so i havnt done much experimenting
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 2:53:53 AM EDT
[#2]
If a non collapsible piece can be converted to collapsible w/o replacing the entire assembly, it is not considered to meet the current requirements.  That's the (unfortunate) bottom line.

The only way to get what you want is to bite the bullet and get one unit now, and the other when (and if) the ban expires [;D]
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 8:33:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Well looks like I "might" just have to buy two stocks[banghead]
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 8:17:34 PM EDT
[#4]
hmmm looks like i have lots more experimienting to do..   thing i dont understand is fulton armory is selling post ban calapsibles they adjust with an allen wrench it looks like a stubby stalk but the back plate slides out.  mabey if i filled in the holes on the stock  with somthing and then treaded them to accept an allen screw you wouldnt be able to convert it back as the holes would be too small but it would allow for adjusting with a allen wrench.   think this would work?????
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top