Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 8/25/2004 5:34:30 PM EST
Is there any advantage to the Clubfoot? I mean, it looks like you might be able to hang it up, but that is about it.

Anyone see any specific use for it or know why it was made in that shape/form?
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:03:22 PM EST

Originally Posted By USMCsilver:
Is there any advantage to the Clubfoot? I mean, it looks like you might be able to hang it up, but that is about it.

Anyone see any specific use for it or know why it was made in that shape/form?

It is shaped as such to "aid" in holding the stock while shooting from a sandbag / prone. Your free hand (one not on the trigger) normally goes over/under your trigger arm to grip the stock and help keep it stable. At least this is what I see it being used for...
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 7:00:55 PM EST
Get a clubfoot from JTAC Supply
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 4:19:01 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/26/2004 4:30:09 AM EST by Yojimbo]
The clubfoot will give some extra stock material to grab with your support hand when shooting for precision. It aslo has the butterfly latch wich will be less likely to get hung up on gear and stuff.

The advantages of the clubfoot design do not in anyway detract from and IMHO, the clubfoot stock is a product improved version of the standard carbine Vltor stock.

BTW, I've never had my clubfoot stock hang up on anything nor have I ever heard of anyone having that problem.

Also make sure you're getting the new version with the long battery compartments. IIRC, like me you also have the M900a. With the longer tubes I can fit three CR123 batteries in each tube for the M900a.

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:23:38 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/26/2004 8:24:00 AM EST by Doubleought]
Would anyone have a picture showing the stock in use as Mattld describes? I think I know what he's talking about, but I could be completely wrong. hanks,00
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:44:56 AM EST

Originally Posted By Maverick656:

I'm starting to think that you work for JTAC...
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:03:41 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/26/2004 3:04:44 PM EST by mattld]
Here you go Doubleought.

I borrowed those from the FDCC webpage.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:09:32 PM EST

Originally Posted By double_r76:

Originally Posted By Maverick656:

I'm starting to think that you work for JTAC...

Yeah I noticed myself that I've been giving him a ton of plugs lately. I think it's just there have been people ask questions about stuff that I know he has. I don't work for him though. If your happy with someone why not tell others?
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:06:21 PM EST
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:49:41 PM EST

Originally Posted By Yojimbo:
The clubfoot will give some extra stock material to grab with your support hand when shooting for precision. It aslo has the butterfly latch wich will be less likely to get hung up on gear and stuff.

Not a Vltor.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 10:03:33 PM EST
Thanks Mattld, I think I'm sold.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:35:04 PM EST

Originally Posted By new-arguy:
Hahahaha! Look, those are my rifles! Thats not me shootin em, bbut they're mine! I'd almost always go clubfoot with the Vltors. They do something the standard ones dont and dont create any disadvantages to do it.

Yeah I knew I'd seen some photos of guys using the clubfoot in the way I described. I did a little research and followed your sig line to the source. A few minutes of searching and I found them.

You're more than welcome Doubleought.
Top Top