Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/19/2008 3:20:59 PM EDT
I have been reloading rifle and pistol calibres for about 4 years, however, I just started reloading for .223. After running about 1,000 rounds of factory .223 through my DPMS M4, I figured I had enough brass saved to start making my own and save some cash.

Unfortunately, every fifth or sixth round of my handloads would not fire, further, the bolt would be jammed and I would have to whang the charging handle on the bench to get the round extracted. Sounds like they were too long, right? I mic'ed several of the failed catridges and they're within spec and they are actually a few thousandths shorter than some Hornady match 77gr cartridges. I was using Hornady 66gr SPT bullets.

Anybody have any ideas?

Many thanks!
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 3:23:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 4:01:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Did you full length resize the cases?
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 4:19:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I had to buy small base die to reload for my AR in 5.56 cal
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top