Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2006 6:49:17 PM EDT
When I was in Boot Camp in San Diego '97 I remember the D.I. having a clear 30 round mag in his M-16A2 on the trip up to Camp Pendleton for field training.  Anyone ever see these magazines or know where to get one.  ust looking for one out of curoisity.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:25:14 PM EDT
[#1]
i think that Eagle mags are clear

i also think that reliability was so-so
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:54:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes, they are Eagle mags and I'd stay far away from them as possible. I have two for a Mini-14 that I bought new back in '88 and they're awful. I know people bash the Mini-14 but it wasn't a problem with the rifle. I had loading issues with these mags, as well as seating problems. One of the mags cracked at the top and will not secure the rounds during firing. It loads fine, but when you fire the rifle the mag spits about four or five rounds out the top.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:58:00 AM EDT
[#3]
I have yet to find a plastic AR mag that in any way compared favorably to a metal one.  

Stay away, stay far far away.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:05:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Thermolds are OK and are the only plastic type mag worth buying
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:34:20 AM EDT
[#5]
I had 2 for my 10/22.  They lasted for a few reloads then crapped out.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:53:48 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
When I was in Boot Camp in San Diego '97 I remember the D.I. having a clear 30 round mag in his M-16A2 on the trip up to Camp Pendleton for field training.  Anyone ever see these magazines or know where to get one.  ust looking for one out of curoisity.  Thanks.

Our DI had the same type of magazine.  Only time I saw one in use was for the bus trip.  
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:44:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Out of curiousity, does Eagle still make them or do they have a website? I thought they quit making them due to the AWB, but I haven't heard anything about them since the sunset.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:14:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Ramline also had a smoke gray transparent mag.  Same thing, not reliable.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top