Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/16/2005 3:21:01 PM EDT
These are generally used by jewelers. Are they a good idea for taking old carbon deposits off of small parts?

Thanks for the help guys and I am also a new member of the forum. I look forward to talking to you all.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:25:34 PM EDT
I’m an aircraft mechanic. A company I once worked for used ultrasonic cleaners and Hoppes #9 to clean out aircraft piston engine fuel injection nozzles. Don’t see why the same wouldn’t work for an AR.

Welcome to the board!!!
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 8:03:15 PM EDT
It will work.

If you are using an ultrasonic machine that cannot use solvents, use some orange based cleaner for the liquid. It works for me.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:11:41 AM EDT
Thanks for all the replies. I used it to clean the weapon and it worked out great. Thanks once again to all those who replied.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:19:09 AM EDT
That's an interesting idea. Maybe a B and BC can be taken apart and put into the ultrasonic cleaner.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:24:03 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Dive4Life:
Thanks for all the replies. I used it to clean the weapon and it worked out great. Thanks once again to all those who replied.

Dive,

Where in FL are you, and can I use your Ultrasonic cleaner when you are done? I need to overhaul my regulator.

BTW: Welcome to the site.
Top Top