Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2005 2:21:36 PM EDT
Yep, I did it. Somehow I got a cleaning pad very wedged into the barrel while using the IRIS buttstock cleaning system. I cant pull the pad out! I pulled so hard I broke the the handle to my guiderod. Anyone have any ideas how I could get them out?

Thanks in Advance

riese
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 2:47:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I am not familar with this system. Is there just a cotton patch jammed in there or is there some piece of jag or rod tip type of thing ?
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 3:03:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Basically there is a cotton pack jammed in there.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 3:10:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Get a good military cleaning rod and push it out.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 11:40:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Go to Home Depot and find the dowels.  I've got a small one that just fits nicely in the bore without touching the sides but I'm not sure on the exact size measurement.  I like using the wood because I don't have to be so careful.

Good luck,
Scott
Link Posted: 3/18/2005 12:12:36 AM EDT
[#5]
I like using my wood too!
Link Posted: 3/18/2005 5:16:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Yikes....I know how you feel - this happened to me too, lol. I had to put the rifle up on my bed, and push it with my legs while holding onto the cleaning rod...
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top