Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/1/2006 10:56:28 PM EDT
What is the best method?  I picked one up used that could use some help in this department.  Thanks!

Regular glass cleaner and an old cotton sock ok?  

thx!
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 4:42:29 AM EDT
[#1]
I just picked up an Eotech too.  I've been cleaning my my multi-coated optics, scopes and binos, with a glass cleaner made for cleaning coated lenses.  You can find specialty glass cleaner at Wal-Mart, the stuff people use for eye glasses is fine.  I'm currently using Pentax cleaner.

You don't want to use an old sock.  Too ruff.  Instead use pure white VIVA brand paper towels.  These towels are very soft and soak up the excess cleaner while you clean.  I've been using VIVA and specialty glass cleaner for the last 6 years, no scratches, no problems.  
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:31:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the input.  I'm really surprised that paper towels would be better than cotton cloth.  Not doubting, just surprised.  I'll head to WallyWorld.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:21:43 AM EDT
[#3]
I use a Leupold Lens Pen on my EOTech.

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 12:50:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I was going to do that, but it has some "crusties " on it...
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 4:26:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I just use spit and my shirt tail, but I'm just hardcore like that.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 4:42:35 PM EDT
[#6]
+1on the lens pen
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top