Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2007 12:03:38 PM EDT
Hello Everyone.

I have a Colt Sporter 20" (R-6551) I bought new in 1991. It has the Colt Sear Block in the Lower Receiver behind the Hammer.

Can anyone tell me whether the Ciener or M261 22LR Conversion Kits will work with this Lower?

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 2:54:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Ciener will work. First host for my Ciener was a Colt Match H-bar, R6601. It has the block and there were no problems. I do not know anything about the M261 kit. The conversion is definitly worth buying, even if you have to wait for it.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 2:45:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Doughtful the M261 will work with the Colt Sear Block. The upper will not close all the way. It will be a couple of thousands off, don't try to force it. The bottom of the M261 is shaped like a M16 bolt carrier. To get the M261 to work with my Colt, I had to remove the top part of the block that stick up above the receiver walls. I used a dremel cut off wheel and went slowly, very slowly. On the Ciener kit the bottom is open, so the block doesn't come into play. Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 2:15:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Two4spooky - REAinPA

Thanks for both of your responses.

Looks like I’m going with Ciener.

I think I’ll also look into one of the BDM Full Size Mags.

Thanks for your help.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top