Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/14/2010 5:55:12 PM EDT
My Ciener Kit does two round burst one or twice in my 10.5" upper using fully loaded BD magazine. Using the same lower, magazine, and ammo it work fine on my 16" and 20" upper. So I pretty sure it's my 10.5 upper that is the problem. Does anyone know what's going on and how to fix it?

Thanks.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:36:45 PM EDT
[#1]
A 10.5" barrel makes a little less blowback strength so the 22 bolt isnt coming back far enough
to recock the hammer and lock back.
or the chamber adapter fits real loose in the barrel and lets some of the blowback power escape.
Stronger ammo or a little tuning to the recoil spring or a little bend in the hammer spring will fixit
Some spring tuning tips here
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:41:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
A 10.5" barrel makes a little less blowback strength so the 22 bolt isnt coming back far enough
or the chamber adapter fits real loose in the barrel and lets some of the blowback power escape.
Stronger ammo or a little tuning to the recoil spring or a little bend in the hammer spring will fixit

Thanks for the link.  That has been out of service for a long time.  I had it on my old computer but it fryed and I lost all my links.  Thanks to you, I have it again!
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:40:32 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

That makes sense. I'll go read up on the link you provided.

Thanks.

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:58:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 6:20:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Replacement recoil springs here
and reduced power hammer/trigger springs here
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top