Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2009 2:26:14 PM EDT
First, is there any advantage to either over a mil-spec full-auto BCG?

And secondly, in regards to BCG's, how does one increase accuracy with one, or rather, is there a way to increase accuracy by upgrading/tweaking your BCG ?

Thanks and regards...
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:04:07 PM EDT
[#1]
just buy a chrome one from young and don't worry about it.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:17:09 PM EDT
[#2]
....or just buy an ion-bonded one, and simply wipe the carbon off of it after a session of DI suppressed fire.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:19:54 PM EDT
[#3]
the chromed bolt is easier to clean and looks more cool.  Any accuracy claims would be headspace (fit to the barrel & cartridge)  It would take you 50,000 rounds of practice ammo to get to the skill level of being able to turn up such an advantage in your shooting.   Even then some folks wouldn't develope enough skill.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:48:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
the chromed bolt is easier to clean and looks more cool.  Any accuracy claims would be headspace (fit to the barrel & cartridge)  It would take you 50,000 rounds of practice ammo to get to the skill level of being able to turn up such an advantage in your shooting.   Even then some folks wouldn't develope enough skill.

Sorry, that's ridiculous.

There are two questions:  1.  Does a "match grade" BCG aid in accuracy?  Answer is maybe.  2.  Does it take 50,000 rounds to learn to shoot well?  Maybe if you are retarded, and can't find a teacher.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:36:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:10:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:37:43 AM EDT
[#7]
carrier is just that a parts carrier they will not affect accuracy but can affect reliablity.

I use an M16 carrier NP3 coated with proper staking and also scribe staking on the gas key. I combine that with the LMT enhanced bolt.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 3:20:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
A carrier will never improve accuracy.

With that said, then Young's National Match carrier with tighter tolerances is just so much marketing BS?
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 3:36:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

With that said, then Young's National Match carrier with tighter tolerances is just so much marketing BS?

I have noticed that they have the ability to reduce reliability in certain weapons with certain ammo, particularly if run dirty.......but not so much improve accuracy.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 3:41:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No BS.  This is good marketing.  Some believe it and fork up the $.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 5:24:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 4:09:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No BS.  This is good marketing.  Some believe it and fork up the $.  

I bought Youngs NM carrier used at a cheaper price than a new normal carrier. Looked brand new when I got it too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top