Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/7/2003 9:35:54 PM EDT
How many prefer non-chrome-lined?

How many do NOT have a chrome-lined barreled upper?
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 11:42:07 PM EDT
[#1]
ALL my ARs past and present have chrome-lined barrels. I like to drag my ARs out and shoot them in the shittiest, nastiest weather so I appreciate the corrosion resistance. Chrome lined barrels are easier to clean as well.

If I'm grabbing a new barrel/complete upper I will wait if chrome-lined is not available.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 12:15:06 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a none lined upper and have had no problems.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 5:01:38 AM EDT
[#3]
I have both types.  I find the chromed bores to be much, much easier to clean.

--dulcenota
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 5:29:41 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a Colt MT6601, thats not chrome lined.  Wish it was, however it's one of the most accurate rifle's I've shot.           [coffee]
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 5:43:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Mine is not chromed line. Chrome lined barrels are slighly less accurate I believe.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 6:39:17 AM EDT
[#6]
stupid question: how to know if my AR have chrome-lined barrels? [sleep]
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 6:54:48 AM EDT
[#7]
You can see the end of the chroming at the back of the chamber. Look on the inside of your bolt carrier for what it looks like. There will be a difference in color between the inside of hole where they bolt goes and the rest of the carrier. Chroming is highly reflective and silvery, while the regular metal will be sort of flat.

There is also usually a code somewhere on the barrel, usually where it fits into the upper.

EDIT: If you don't have a muzzle device, you might be able to see it easier at the muzzle.

~AbM
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 7:01:51 AM EDT
[#8]
I have a stainless steel barrel, no need for chrome .............very easy to clean and also good for foul weather...........
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top