Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/20/2006 2:10:24 PM EDT
Anyone have an idea where I might find a new production chrome lined 16" lightweight barrel?   I like Bushmaster's 16" superlight but it is only 1X9".

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:17:12 PM EDT
[#1]
CMMG
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:51:22 AM EDT
[#2]
if you want a true "lightweight" profile bbl. then the only one i have seen is colt.  jt distributing shows one in their new catolog but not sure if its a readily available item.

cmmg's lightweight is .750 at the fsb so its just a turned down std/hvy bbl.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:19:50 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
if you want a true "lightweight" profile bbl. then the only one i have seen is colt.  jt distributing shows one in their new catolog but not sure if its a readily available item.

I believe Diemaco also made lightweight 16" barrels with 1/7 twists, but Diemaco anything is usually pretty hard to come by.  One option would be to get a normal 16", 1/7 twist barrel (M4 profile, HBAR, etc.) and a .625" FSB, and have someone like Adco profile the barrel and drill it and the FSB for taper pins.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:03:12 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I believe Diemaco also made lightweight 16" barrels with 1/7 twists, but Diemaco anything is usually pretty hard to come by.  One option would be to get a normal 16", 1/7 twist barrel (M4 profile, HBAR, etc.) and a .625" FSB, and have someone like Adco profile the barrel and drill it and the FSB for taper pins.

the price on that would not be justifiable imo
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:13:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Bushmasters barrel is listed as .625 at the FSB.   The CMMG may work, still better than an HBAR or a M4 profile.   Looking for something to put on the wife's build.  

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:13:19 AM EDT
[#6]
A Colt 6520 barrel would work.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 8:18:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Where from?  

Quoted:
A Colt 6520 barrel would work.

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:57:06 AM EDT
[#8]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=22&t=248873 email this guy
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:57:10 PM EDT
[#9]
if you are just looking for a light profile bbl. either will work
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:58:13 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=22&t=248873 email this guy

gundealer has not replied to that thread for about four months, last he stated that he would not be getting anymore which sucks cause i didnt have the money for one of the uppers and i really wanted one
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top