Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/1/2003 7:57:20 PM EDT
Who sells Kits with Chrome lined Barrels? All I can seem to find is stainless steel and chrome moly. Uncle Sam learned the hard way to use a chrome lining long ago. So why doesn't any one offer them in the kits?  
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 8:42:29 PM EDT
[#1]
J&T offers 16 inch right now, and will be offering the other lengths anytime now, which is why i am waiting to purchase the J&T kit.

edited with an update from gonzo, thanks
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 7:15:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Cool thats good to know. Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 7:43:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Actually, the J*T chromed M4 profile bbl is 16" which is a "good thing"(TM)

Under NFA the 16" is minimum civilian length anyway, so in my view its better to have a true 16" tube (and accompanying better 556 nato performance) than to have a 14.5 with a really long brake/extension at the end that does nothing for performance. Either way way you're not going to have a true duplicate of what the GI's have.  Might as well enjoy the extra velocity.

I've got the J*T M4 chromed barrel and its a tack-driver, by the way.  Now that its broken in, it puts entire magazines of Lake City into a quarter sized group at 100 yards as long as I do my part.  (The great trigger parts that came with my J*T kit probably don't hurt here...)

Link Posted: 7/2/2003 8:12:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Actualy I have an M4 barrel 14.5 from bushmaster and with the phantom its a half inch longer than the military version with birdcage,as far as velocity goes,2700 fps is necessary for a 55 gr bullet to break up so with 14.5 120 yds and under a 16 in abot 160 yds considering thay 99% of infantry engagements take place at 100 yds and under Ill take the shorter weapon,see what the israelis think goto www.isayeret.com click on weapons they havent gone longer than 14.5 for the last 30 years,a 14.5 with phantom satisfies the NFA 16 inch minimum a chrome lined barrel needs no break in my barrel after instalation gave sub MOA groups at a hundred yds a couple of hundred rounds will polish out the bore nicely just remember a 14.5 gives the same accuracy as the full size rifle at 400 yds wich was the requirement when the M4 went into service 11 years ago.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top