Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 11/27/2014 7:37:34 PM EDT
My fiance loves to shoot as much as I do. So for Christmas I'm putting together an AR to give her. What I have so far:

Barrier Defence 14.5" carbine upper that I'm going to pin and weld a Troy Claymore brake to. Seekins Quad free float rail, rail height gas block, Caldwell picatinny brass catcher,PEPR Burris scope mount, Bushnell AR BDC 4.5-18 scope, Harris bipod, DPMS lower kit, PSA M4 6 position stock, and an Ares Armor 80% lower (that I can assist her in finishing), and a nice soft side gun case.

Anything that I'm missing to make this setup better for a novice female shooter?
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 8:11:25 PM EDT
https://ghostgunner.net/

Otherwise, it's best to watch her finish her 80% lower. Are you not allowed in Minnesota to just give someone a firearm?
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 8:31:01 PM EDT
When I said assist I meant advising her on how to do the work herself. I have a Bridgeport mill, tooling, jig, ect. She's watched me finish a few so she should have no issues. If she's the one physically running the machine under my instruction there should be no legal issues.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 8:35:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/27/2014 8:35:54 PM EDT by sharpshooter1984]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By backbencher:
https://ghostgunner.net/

...Are you not allowed in Minnesota to just give someone a firearm?
View Quote

You are, I just don't believe the government needs to have the names of law abiding gun owners on file in a gun registry and this is a legal way around that.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:03:10 PM EDT
Originally Posted By sharpshooter1984: You are, I just don't believe the government needs to have the names of law abiding gun owners on file in a gun registry and this is a legal way around that.
View Quote

No, that's cool. Someone else the other day opined it was legal to give away completed 80% lowers, which I don't think is correct.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:19:36 PM EDT

No, that's cool. Someone else the other day opined it was legal to give away completed 80% lowers, which I don't think is correct.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sharpshooter1984: You are, I just don't believe the government needs to have the names of law abiding gun owners on file in a gun registry and this is a legal way around that.

That is a big no no. You need a manufacturers licence to give or sell completed lowers. The have to be serialized and registered. Not that its necessary, but I still engrave numbers on mine hidden under the handguard just in case they are ever stolen.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:34:45 PM EDT
Originally Posted By sharpshooter1984:

That is a big no no. You need a manufacturers licence to give or sell completed lowers. The have to be serialized and registered. Not that its necessary, but I still engrave numbers on mine hidden under the handguard just in case they are ever stolen.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sharpshooter1984:

I believe some of that is specific to your state.

Federally you could sell them, but it's all about intent. Buying 5 finishing them then selling or giving them away would be a no no.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:57:15 PM EDT
We have rules around here OP.
Top Top