Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/26/2014 12:12:48 PM EDT
looking to buy myself a stripped upper within the next couple weeks.  Ive shopped around and i cant decide wheather to get the aero precision upper, or spend an extra $20 to get the Mega upper.  Both have the features i need/want.  Id like to have something that matches the finish of my lower as exact as possible, but ive read that its hit and miss.

Im using a JD machine lower, the JD machine uppers ive seen are out of stock.  

http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa381/jake-royston/9E9E345C-D9F3-4DF8-8358-9324593585B6_zpso2mnhpvt.jpg
http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa381/jake-royston/E1EB2B9E-5E1D-4DC5-B7C7-A125766B0E31_zpsd7rgy7hj.jpg
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 3:46:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Why not just wait and get the matching upper?
Your Mag catch doesn't look like it is screwed in all the way.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 3:57:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why not just wait and get the matching upper?
Your Mag catch doesn't look like it is screwed in all the way.
View Quote

+1 on waiting for the JD upper. Also I think he has a bullet button...
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:03:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I just ordered another Aero precision upper for $56 today...stripped blem.  Hard to beat for the price.  I've done three Aero's and all look and fit perfectly.  You could certainly do worse.  It is nice to have matching set though
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:42:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Yup, i live in caliornia so i have to have a bullet button. Ive had my eye on the JD uppers for a while and not sure if they will be coming back any time soon. Their website has a red notice on the top stating that thier hours were getting cut back. Ill have to call and see if they have any stock left.
If they dont, ill get either the aero or mega.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 5:03:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I just saw a JD upper in stock at red barn armory.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 6:26:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just saw a JD upper in stock at red barn armory.
View Quote

I got my Buffer tube kit from red barn armory, and received a used (previously staked) endplate and castle nut.  Ive read good reviews from them though.

ETA: contacted customer service and they are correcting the issue.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 8:12:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Mega makes a really nice product. I wouldn't hesitate to buy it if you can't find a JD and you've got an itch to satisfy. Have you also considered the Seekins Precision SP223?
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 8:48:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Mega has a great upper, and i would condider the better of two based on the more vigourous Q.C. Cant go wrong with aero either. the cerakote versions are awesome
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 8:09:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Sent you a pm on where to find a new JD upper.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 9:20:44 AM EDT
[#10]
PSA stripped blem for $50
PSA upper build kit for $25
TOTAL $75 for an upper with barrel parts like barrel nut, delta ring, etc.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top