Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2007 7:05:00 PM EDT
My friend is looking to buy a new plinker. His choices so far are Bushmaster, Rock River, or DPMS. I own a Bushie, and have let him shoot it. He likes it. He is just wondering about the price to quality trade off with each. I have never shot either DPMS or Rock River, so was not sure about the quality difference?

Any advice (he is not really a gun guy). My advice was just to pay a bit extra for the Bushmaster or the Rock River.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 7:23:33 PM EDT
[#1]
this might help:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=2&t=163620

imo, RRA is the best bang for the buck

try a search, you will find lots of recent topics comparing all 3 brands (and then some) w/ lots of opinions and thoughts on em
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 8:15:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I love RRA rifles. If he wants to save some cash he might want to look at Del Ton rifle kits. They make nice products and their customer service is great.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 8:49:16 PM EDT
[#3]
That was a good link to the chart. Thanks for the responses. Sounds like Rock River makes a good rifle. I will pass that along to my friend. Another question he had was it seems that if he orders an upper and a lower separate they are cheaper???

He has the ar bug. I guess I should not have taken him out and let him shoot mine.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 9:41:21 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
That was a good link to the chart. Thanks for the responses. Sounds like Rock River makes a good rifle. I will pass that along to my friend. Another question he had was it seems that if he orders an upper and a lower separate they are cheaper???

He has the ar bug. I guess I should not have taken him out and let him shoot mine.

no problem

usually, and it depends on the features/brands of each of the lower/upper, getting each seperate is a little cheaper

check out the EE/ind board for some competative prices
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top