Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/16/2009 11:19:33 AM EDT
Anyone have any experience with the E-2 buttstock made by Choate Manufacturing and Tool?
Choate E-2 Buttstock
I've never heard of this manufacturer or their product, and have not had a lot of luck turning up info on them.
I'm planning my next build and am wanting to step it up a little over the from the plain Jane adjustable M-4 stock that came installed on my first AR. The UBR, EMOD  & SOPMOD stocks are all really sharp looking and equally functional I'm sure, but a little spendy for my ideal budget.
Anyone got the goods on Chaote's buttstocks?

RV
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:23:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Choate is GTG, but I have no experience with that item. Choates been around a long time.

ETA: I remember their Rem. 870 and 1100 stocks being great. Their little "CIA letter opener" wasnt bad either. Good, solid material.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:27:27 PM EDT
[#2]
The Choate E2 is a solid stock.  It feels a lot like a SOPMOD.  It's built like a tank and that makes it heavier than most other stocks.  The only thing I didn't like about the two that I handled was they were a little looser on the buffer tube than I like.  Looser, as in it rattled.  But not any more than most OEM M4 stocks.  They may not all be like that, but the two I handled were a bit loose. Outside of that, they are a super solid and comfortable stock. I'll probably still pick one up some day.  Choate makes quality products.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:34:25 PM EDT
[#3]
For the price I'd rather have a VLTOR EMOD stock.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 2:05:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I would wait for the Magpul ACS $40 cheaper, better ergonomics and storage caps

However it is not available yet but perhaps in 2 weeks
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:32:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I would wait for the Magpul ACS $40 cheaper, better ergonomics and storage caps

However it is not available yet but perhaps in 2 weeks

Or perhaps not.  
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:38:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I looked into the Magpul ACS at the recommendation of the poster. Yikes - it doesnt seem like they are going to get that thing out to market anytime soon.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:24:32 AM EDT
[#7]
It is solid but it is also on the heavy side.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 2:23:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Choate is GTG, but I have no experience with that item. Choates been around a long time.

+1 to all that.

Been buying Choates' stuff since the early '80s or late '70s.  CRS sucks.  

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top