Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/20/2004 10:12:03 AM EDT
Recently, after visiting the accuracy speaks website I found that Derick (owner/gunsmith) is going to Iraq and a new gunsmith is taking over. What are your opinions, do you think the new gunsmith will deliver the same quality? Which trigger feels better? The Chip McCormick is a one piece drop in assembly, which is a clear advantage. I did not see on their website how many pounds the trigger pull was, does anyone know? I believe it is adjustable. I am looking at single stage in either case. Your opinions and thoughts please...
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 1:03:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I can't speak to the McCormick but, I've installed AS FCG's in every AR I own. I removed JP FCG's from 2 of the AR's because, although I'd never had a problem with them, those screw adjustments made me nervous. The AS stuff is bascially stock FCG components with re-engineered sear geometry; no adjustments, other than the trimming you do for initial installation. The AS is definitely not "drop in". You will need jewelers' files, a stone, and some patience. However, once you've installed it, it's there forever.

The AS will not give you the absolutely perfect let-off you can get from a JP or Jewell adjustable and it will have a little bit of over-travel; but it's WAY better than stock and it absolutely will work every time.

Although Derick is off serving his country, the same guys as always are turning out the FCG's. His wife Cheryl is taking care of orders and shipping. Derick is not only the kind of guy who goes off to serve his country without hesitation. He is also a glazed-eyed, frothing-at-the-mouth fanatic when it comes to reliability. His attitude is that his shit will work every damned time. No excuses.

Luck,

SD
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 9:15:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I believe the McCormick triggers are not adjustable for pull weight.  They come pre set around 3.5 lbs and cannot be changed.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 6:55:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Good information. Has anyone shot both? Could you give me a pro/con?
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 5:33:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a custom built AS gun.  It is truely awesome.  I split up the upper and lower but eventually put them back to gether because it was a very good match.  I have no experience with Chip.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:38:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Bump
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top