Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/19/2006 11:03:56 AM EDT
Im planning a modification of a pre ban Colt HBar and would love to hear your impressions of the McCormick drop in trigger group and have several questions.
Has anyone ever used on and did it meet your expectations?
My Colt appears to have a sear block pinned in place in the lower reciever.  It  apperently has to be removed to install the unit.  Is this leagal? Difficult?
Many apologies if I am posting this in the wrong thread, Im an avid AR shooter but new to the board.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:04:18 PM EDT
[#1]
ask and you shall receive...

chip mccormick

i love mine...  i wish i had one for the majority of ar's i own...

septic tank

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 4:44:41 AM EDT
[#2]
I have no personal experience actually shooting a rifle with one on it. My cousin however loves his. He chose the curved 2 stage type.

I dry fired it a few times and - compared to a stock trigger - it was very light and smooth.

ETA: WELCOME!
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 1:50:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like jst the ticket.  Any advice on the sear block
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 3:22:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I put one in my Colt and so far it works great. The pull is so light and smooth compared to the stock trigger it is scary. Get a dremel with some small cut off wheels and cut the block down each side(parralel to the frame) as close to the frame as you dare. You have to cut past the pin that runs through the frame. You can see where this is by looking at the side of the gun just above the saftey. There is a pressed in pin in the bottom of the block also. so when it starts wiggling back and forth you may have to encourage it a bit. Its not hard to do. I will try to post some pics. Good luck.hatshttp://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/xecutioner1/628d4be5.jpg
Where the pin was
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/xecutioner1/b9a12003.jpg
CM Trigger installed where block use to be
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/xecutioner1/da537cb6.jpg
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:33:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the pics.  Im just wondering if its legal.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:10:21 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
your impressions of the McCormick drop in trigger group and have several questions.
Has anyone ever used on and did it meet your expectations?

my single stage curved CMC is just awesome.  

when installing, be sure to read page two of the following thread:
archive.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=207316&page=2

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:35:03 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Thanks for the pics.  Im just wondering if its legal.

Yes, it's perfectly legal to remove Colt's stupid fucking sear block.

Colt did this on their own along with the oversized trigger and pivot pins to prevent anyone from easily converting a Colt product to full auto. No other manufacturer is anal enough to pull such shit.

There is no, legal or otherwise, requirement from anyone (other than Colt) for this block to be there. Grind away.

However, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER own any full auto parts (other than the bolt & carrier) from a M16. BATF says THAT is "constructive possession" of a machine gun. 10+ years federal pen and $100,000+ fines.

Unless you have the proper tax stamp that is.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top