Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2004 1:21:49 PM EDT
I picked up some Norinco .223 at a show this afternoon.  It's brass cased and headstamped C J 92.  Anybody know anything about this stuff?
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 5:14:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Chinese ammo made in '92. probably in a yellow box, and maybe 3 rectangular crimps at primer?

None imported since '93??  Blasting ammo for what it worth.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 5:38:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep, that's the stuff.  Guy wanted 50 bucks for 500 rounds.  If I'd had a few more bucks, I would've taken the whole case.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 5:51:40 AM EDT
[#3]
I have shot a few rounds of this stuff, the issue I have encountered in several different rifles is the case neck seperating from the rest on remaining in the chamber, Not every round but 4 in 40 rounds was a bit much for me...... This was a few years ago....
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 10:02:17 AM EDT
[#4]
I bought up several thousand rounds of this stuff in the early 90's when it was so plentiful. Since then I've shot about 90% of it up through a Ruger stainless Ranch rifle. It and the Ruger seem to like each other, but I haven't nor do I intend to use it in my AR's.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top