Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 1/19/2013 9:45:44 AM EDT
Does anyone have one? I was thinking on getting one for the kids to shoot, but I have never looked into them before so not sure about the quality.

Thanks for any replies.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 10:09:18 AM EDT
Check out the rimfire and pistol section here on ARF.com. Loads of info.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 10:09:35 AM EDT
I have one mounted on an ATI omni lower, some people have complained about them and some people love them. Mine is accurate enough for what it is. I have several thousand rounds through mine with no issue. ymmv
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 10:25:37 AM EDT
I have both a Chiappa upper and the rifle. Both eat Federal bulk and Blazers. For what they are they are fairly accurate. Like the shorter 14.5" barrel. The factory mags are better than most other .22 AR type mags. The have a thumb loader on the side. They will hold more ammo than the 28 stated rounds. However, the rifle/upper functions best when loaded with 28 or less rounds. Usually load mine with 25 to avoid any problems (initial jams). Bolt locks back after last round, even with Black Dog mags. Other brands may or may not. Highly recommend buying one, based on my experience.

Thinking of buying a third for my daughter.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 10:25:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/19/2013 10:25:55 AM EDT by Lancelot]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 4:30:48 PM EDT
Originally Posted By fugate101:
I have one mounted on an ATI omni lower, some people have complained about them and some people love them. Mine is accurate enough for what it is. I have several thousand rounds through mine with no issue. ymmv

I have a Chiappa upper that I run on my DPMS lower. Mine is accurate and I have several thousand rounds through mine also. People either hate them or love them. I like mine and haven't had any problems what so ever.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 5:29:07 PM EDT
They love them or hate them depending on if they actually worked out. Seems they are spotty at best. Too many have had problems. I have a CMMG and a Tac Sol and have run many thousands of rounds through them without serious issues. (Did wear out a recoil spring and rod on one but that took more thousands of rounds than I could count to do.)

So, they work, or they break. Take your chances.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 5:33:16 PM EDT
I had to do a little polishing on the feed ramp to make it run more reliably, and took a couple of mags to break in. But I like it!
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 2:51:22 AM EDT
Just got mine set up on a New Frontier lower this weekend. I got several failures to feed on the first magazine but it ran like a top for the next 300 rds. Grouped about 1.5 inches at 50 yards which was the longest range available at the time.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 3:32:35 AM EDT
At this point, get what you can.
TACCOM will be putting out uppers soon again. Much better option.
Dave N
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 3:49:48 AM EDT
I love mine. It has been 100% out of the box. Have a few 1000 rds through it. Mags are nice. The only thing I don't car for is the muzzle is not threaded the simulated A2 flash hider ( doesn't have slots cut in it) is held in place with a set screw. I had to send it out to be threaded for suppressor use.
Top Top