Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/2/2007 8:23:44 PM EDT
I have a 20" Bushmaster with an A2 carryhandle, and a Tasco 3-9x40 scope mounted on the handle.
I have an Ace ARFX skeleton stock. I really need something to raise the cheek rest up high enough that
I can sight through the scope with proper cheek weld. Does anyone know of a cheek rest that would mount properly on the top of the ARFX stock?

For now, I'm using a spare foam ARFX cheek rest cover, over a cut down aluminum  buffer tube from an old stock, taped on with gaffer tape.
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 6:29:09 AM EDT
[#1]
GET  SOME FOAM and 100MPH TAPE

I love mounting a SCOPE on a carry handle

I had a 3.5-10 on my A1 bushy

I like it Because YOU CAN use your IRON SIGHTS For Close range

I wished I kept that rifle
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 7:33:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I want pics!
Link Posted: 8/4/2007 6:03:35 AM EDT
[#3]
ITC makes one that I use on one of my XCR's and that has basically the same stock.

The model is CR140a. DSA sells them.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 5:54:59 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
ITC makes one that I use on one of my XCR's and that has basically the same stock.

The model is CR140a. DSA sells them.

worked like a charm thanks. I'll post a pic when I get a chance.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 5:56:49 PM EDT
[#5]
don't forget the charging handle
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 6:25:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Yep, I had to mount it far enough back to clear the charging handle. The
scope eye relief is far enough back, I'm using a Tasco 3-9x40, which is
really an excellent scope for the $$.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top