Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/24/2017 4:44:23 PM
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 8/24/2004 11:16:27 AM EST
New member, just wanted to say hello. I have a lot of reading to do before I start posting much, though!
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 11:17:39 AM EST
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 11:22:04 AM EST
Welcome. You must be a guy because this hasn't gone to 15 pages yet. Looka around, stay awhile, make yourself at home. Just don't touch anything unless you plan to buy. Just kidding.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 11:27:32 AM EST
Thanks for checking in! I can continue with my day now!

Wedge, your thread is proving true.

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 11:33:28 AM EST
welcome

I wonder if Wedge is a Star Wars freak?
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 11:33:54 AM EST
Allo! Look around.. lots of stuff to learn... don't skip any forums, theres always new stuff.

- BUCC_Guy

Enjoy.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 11:34:06 AM EST

Originally Posted By markm:
Thanks for checking in! I can continue with my day now!

Wedge, your thread is proving true.

I did not even have the energy to have Ackbar say his thing...
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 11:58:07 AM EST
Welcome. You break, you buy.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 2:19:02 PM EST
Will you be checking in every day or just today?
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 2:27:57 PM EST
Man you guys can be pricks...
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 2:48:52 PM EST

Originally Posted By DM1975:
Man you guys can be pricks...

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 2:58:54 PM EST
Who fuckin' cares is RIGHT! The "hello threads" are stupid. And even worse when it's some guy pretending to be a BROAD!
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 3:01:18 PM EST
I know a scott who used to fence epee in college at Purdue
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 3:03:58 PM EST

Originally Posted By Dragonfly228:
I know a scott who used to fence epee in college at Purdue

That would have to be a homo.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:15:14 AM EST
Um, no...I never claimed to be a female. Hetero male.

I fence Epee, but not till after college. I fenced Foil in college.

Thanks very much for the kind welcome, all....

For you mouch, yes, it was sarcasm.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:20:38 AM EST

Originally Posted By epeescott:
Um, no...I never claimed to be a female. Hetero male.

I don't think he was aiming that at you. We get a lot of sick dudes that like to log on as women because of all of the attention a woman gets on mostly male forum. They say "hello" and then there are nine pages of Horny Fat Bodies trying to warm up to "her".
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:26:03 AM EST
ah...I got it.

Nope, I am here to learn, was recommended this site by a longtime member.

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:31:29 AM EST
I've been here over 4 years, and I still haven't learned a thing.

But my credit card has taken a serious ass whipping!
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 10:28:21 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/27/2004 9:13:03 AM EST by _DR]
just ignore the guys posting trash - there is actually some good info to be had here.

edited to add:

MarkM I wasn't referring to you! I just noticed my post might have looked like that cuz it followed yours
Yes my pocketbook has been on a diet since since I started coming here too!
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 10:54:53 AM EST
epeescott

Welcome aboard, keep us posted on your build. I had a chance to play with the 2nd generation XM-8 today, I'll make a post on it later.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 8:19:40 AM EST
Epeescott, welcome to the forum . As anybody new at anything , they will get ribbed by the people that has been there for awhile. It is just the way it goes. Take it easy and take a joke. Like on the movie "Road House " when the cooler guy (Patrick Swayze) is giving the emplyees the rundown on how things are going to work , he is going on about being nice and all that. Anyway one of the guys asks "What if somebody calls my mom a whore?" Dalton says " Is she ?". Meaning , let stuff like that go in one ear and out the other. It doesn't mean anything. By the way you had said something like "The hello posts are gay" . Just so you know, I'm not gay but my boyfriend is. HA HA HA . Take care. Coondog
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 8:24:12 AM EST
Oh well there you go . I just re-read the hello posts thing and found that you said that they are stupid. Yeah, I'm not the smartest person in the world . Can you introduce me ? Anyway. Take care. Coondog

just like going down the slide at kindergarden, so are the days of our lives,WEEEEEEE!!!
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:09:56 AM EST

Originally Posted By Stickman:
epeescott

Welcome aboard, keep us posted on your build. I had a chance to play with the 2nd generation XM-8 today, I'll make a post on it later.

please do!
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:23:47 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/27/2004 9:28:05 AM EST by redfisher]
feel free to look around but remember, if you break it you bought it see it you will like it, and likely buy it

welcome aboard
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 11:16:38 AM EST
Thanks all!

Stick, I will update with pictures and such when I get building.....my kit showed up and I am waiting for the lower now. I went with a T3 Maxhard lower from Oly, to match the upper (and kit).

Oh, and I said screw it and ordered the tools so I can dis- and re-assemble it completely anyway.

I don't want to be a Nancy-Boy!
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:41:53 PM EST
Good, the tools will always come in handy for other builds, and for helping other people.

_DR- The XM8 (2nd gen) wasa much better feeling weapon taht I had thought it was going to be. I have to admit that this was my first time in seeing or handling them in person. I liked the that it now has a flip up front sight, but I don't like the idea that it looks like the vortex FS is going away, and that the A2/ HK style FS will be used. Other things I liked were that the grenade launcher had a good feel to it, and I liked it better than my time with the M203. I REALLY liked the 20 barrel being fluted. The trigger has a nice feel, and the weapon "points" very well. Over all feel is outstanding, and the controls are intuitive, with the exception of the mag release. I think this will be quickly overcome with training, and won't be an issue.

I ended up working and talking much more about new ammo, than I did about the XM-8/ M-8 variants. Militay ammo is changing, and rightfully so.

I've got to run, I'll try to post more later. I felt bad about putting this in epeescott's thread, but the people that were an ass to him probably won't bother to come back and reread anything, and I don't mind them missing the info.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:14:21 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/27/2004 1:16:50 PM EST by _DR]

Originally Posted By Stickman:
Good, the tools will always come in handy for other builds, and for helping other people.

_DR- The XM8 (2nd gen) wasa much better feeling weapon taht I had thought it was going to be. I have to admit that this was my first time in seeing or handling them in person. I liked the that it now has a flip up front sight, but I don't like the idea that it looks like the vortex FS is going away, and that the A2/ HK style FS will be used. Other things I liked were that the grenade launcher had a good feel to it, and I liked it better than my time with the M203. I REALLY liked the 20 barrel being fluted. The trigger has a nice feel, and the weapon "points" very well. Over all feel is outstanding, and the controls are intuitive, with the exception of the mag release. I think this will be quickly overcome with training, and won't be an issue.

I ended up working and talking much more about new ammo, than I did about the XM-8/ M-8 variants. Militay ammo is changing, and rightfully so.

I've got to run, I'll try to post more later. I felt bad about putting this in epeescott's thread, but the people that were an ass to him probably won't bother to come back and reread anything, and I don't mind them missing the info.

Thanks Stickman. I have been following the development of the XM8, and like to read every little scrap of information I can find. Sounds like they are making progress with the development. I agree the Vortex would be better, they are probably taking it away for the same reason they took away the original M16 can opener FS, the misperception that it will snag to much. To bad; it is the best FS out there.

I don't see why HK could not incorporate a side button mag release like the modified M16 magazine magwell for the SL8/G36 has, but if the Military doesn't require them to, they probably wont do it.

Thanks again, and please keep us posted.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:31:32 PM EST
been a long time since i posted, computer has been down for a while now, but boy its great to be back! Welcome, you will enjoy yourself here!
Top Top