Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/20/2003 12:00:37 PM EDT
www.a2g2.com/whatsnew/SPR/index.html

www.a2g2.com/top/index.phtml

Big spending in the airsoft world is the name of the game.

Check out those Yen and convert them into the dollars.....
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 12:23:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I've seen several like this before, online.

Since they cannot own real guns, they sure spend a lot of money to have something that looks like the real thing.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 12:41:23 PM EDT
[#2]
My question is: are any of the parts authentic???  If so, that's really a waste of good parts, especially on some hard to find items.

I just had a SPR clone built and it cost me quite a lot.  I'd be pissed if I couldn't locate an essential part due to high demand, and then I saw the part mounted on someone's BB gun.

BTW, A $800 Leupold on a airsoft gun???  I didn't get the BDC dial for 6mm BBs with mine...
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 1:02:02 PM EDT
[#3]
HOLY CRAP!!!

I just did the currency conversion!

That amount of money could get you a real SPR clone with all the fixens, and still leave you enough money to buy a decent scope!!!
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 1:56:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Look how they have that scope mounted, What a mess. Way too far back.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 3:03:39 PM EDT
[#5]
At least they got the name right and did not call it the Special Purpose Rifle!
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 3:19:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Actually its a rifle not a reciever.  It was SUPPOSED to be a reciever but once govt funds got involved some people had a field day and did things that they were not supposed to do.  Now we have a Special Purpose Rifle which is WAY more expensive that what was planned.  Incompetance bordering on fraud.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 3:34:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
My question is: are any of the parts authentic???  If so, that's really a waste of good parts, especially on some hard to find items.
View Quote

I would say the barrel and the ops inc muzzle brake is custom machined but the rest of the parts are authentic. It will take them another six months to come up with the clones but they will appear. What part do you think is hard to find (rahter than hard to pay for) ? I can't find any.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 3:37:57 PM EDT
[#8]
are any of the parts authentic???
View Quote

Yes.

Translation from Japanese to English text:

[url]http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/tr[/url]

Damn, where did they get the OPS SPR brake?
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 3:45:46 PM EDT
[#9]
The brake doesn't look real, it doesn't have the thread protector.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 4:47:01 PM EDT
[#10]
i am a airsofter as well a shooter here in the states and a few  company put out completely worked outer barrels and foregrips to make a spr clone and yeah airsoft guns can cost as much as a real one by the time your done  messing around with it.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 5:27:21 PM EDT
[#11]
For those of you wondering why the heck anyone would spend good money on parts for Airsoft guns:

1. Yes, they can cost as much as the real thing, but if you live in a place where its illegal to own the real thing (i.e. England, California) its as close as you'll ever get.

2. As with most other hobbies, people are willing to spend large amounts of money to hop-up their prize possessions.

3. The point of Airsoft is realism. Just like people who act out Civil War battles, or Medieval jousts, Airsofters strive for realism.

4. *They* can shoot at humans (legally!)

4. It's fun
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 6:05:40 PM EDT
[#12]
better an airsoft rifle than a useless diamond engagement ring. you seen the prices on those  things lately?  it's getting even MORE outrageous.  i pity the man who collects guns and has to save for an engagement ring nowadays.  all that gun money...
MM
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 6:28:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Three scopes? A holo co-witnessed with a high power scope, and another sitting on top of the high power with some serious eye relief issues. I don't know anything about this airsoft deal, but why don't they just make a reciever and barrel that are setup to use standard parts, Like they do with simunitions? That would get me involved. They would just have to make sure that you couldn't mix the two up. I imagine it would be simple enough to make a reciever that didn't accept live mags, and a barrel that couldn't chamber a live round.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 7:17:01 PM EDT
[#14]
MM,

Diamond engagement ring = free sex and if you are lucky, she might also help pay the mortgage.

Stryfe,

The scopes are for looks only. Airsoft does not have the accuracy or range to need any scope more than 4x.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 7:50:31 PM EDT
[#15]
I figured as much, owing as it's completly impractical. If realness is the goal, I don't understand. I can accept people choosing airsoft over the real deal, I see merit in it, but like anything, it can be overdone.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 8:02:03 PM EDT
[#16]
I have an airsoft replica of an XM177, and it's pretty close to the real thing.   It's a great deal of fun and is worth more now than when I bought it.  

It's quite handy for evicting unwanted squirrels and cats from the area without doing any harm to them.   The fact that's full auto and the mag holds a hundred airsoft BB's is pretty cool, too.
Unfortunately, the internal gas tank is only good for about a hundred shots, too, so reloading is a bit of a chore.   My solution is to get a small tank and regulator and stuff that in the backpack and feed gas to it via the provided external gas port.  You can go all day on that, practically.  Any non flammable gas will do and 140 PSI is about as high as you'd ever want to go.

In case you're wondering, the magazine contains a flexible piece of plastic tubing which contains the BB's.   They're fed by air pressure directed through the tube from the back to the loading port.   You could easily rig up a truly huge drum magazine by putting a few dozen feet of tubing into a gutted or fake drum mag, so long as you provide an air connection both ends of the tube.

The Japanese LOVE guns.  I'm quite amazed that their love of guns hasn't led to their being legalized.

I think it's funny as hell, though, that they can dump so much money on an airsoft rifle that looks so awesome, has real optics suitable for genuine  sniper duty, and the effective aimed range of the airsoft rifle is about fifty FEET.

CJ
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 8:13:50 PM EDT
[#17]
I had an Airsoft MP5, one of the electric ones....I was actually a lot of fun, but then I saw I could be a SAR 2 for what I paid for the MP5, so I sold it and got the SAR 2.  The SAR 2 is fun too, I just can't shoot it in the house [;)]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 9:18:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
MM,
Diamond engagement ring = free sex and if you are lucky, she might also help pay the mortgage.
View Quote

hycheng - heheh, way ahead of ya. short story - when i got married, my wife bought her own wedding band, and didn't want a diamond engagement ring as she said she "couldn't see spending that much on a piece of jewelry". i thought she said that just to go easy on me. right before we got married, i had crashed and totaled my motorcycle, then a little bit later, got the insurance payoff (enough for a helluva NICE ring).  i was going to buy another bike, but i told her that i'd buy her the diamond ring with the money if she'd like. she said 'buy the bike, at least it's practical and we can BOTH have fun on it' [:O]
plus she earns more than me and doesn't mind my hobbies.  we recently celebrated our 5th aniv.  all that without a diamond engagement ring. [:D]
cheers!
MM
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 5:56:03 AM EDT
[#19]
For that money, i'd buy my ass a plane ticket to someplace i could legally own one. [:o)]
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 6:07:38 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
...short story - when i got married, my wife bought her own wedding band, and didn't want a diamond engagement ring as she said she "couldn't see spending that much on a piece of jewelry". i thought she said that just to go easy on me. right before we got married, i had crashed and totaled my motorcycle, then a little bit later, got the insurance payoff (enough for a helluva NICE ring).  i was going to buy another bike, but i told her that i'd buy her the diamond ring with the money if she'd like. she said 'buy the bike, at least it's practical and we can BOTH have fun on it' [:O]
plus she earns more than me and doesn't mind my hobbies.  we recently celebrated our 5th aniv.  all that without a diamond engagement ring. [:D]
cheers!
MM
View Quote

Does she have a sister in the Orlando, FL area?

...Are you sure?

[:)]

havoc
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 8:07:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Does she have a sister in the Orlando, FL area?
...Are you sure?
[:)]
havoc
View Quote

nope, havoc, sorry :)
cheers!
MM
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 8:38:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
For those of you wondering why the heck anyone would spend good money on parts for Airsoft guns:

1. Yes, they can cost as much as the real thing, but if you live in a place where its illegal to own the real thing (i.e. England, California) its as close as you'll ever get.

View Quote

In one regard they have one advntage we don't: assuming the supressors on those are functional, and not just a 'dummy' can, they can own them hassle free.

[url=http://www.atf.treas.gov/firearms/faq/faq2.htm#a9] According to BATFE, supressors for air rifles are an NFA item.[/url]

Link Posted: 6/21/2003 8:41:39 AM EDT
[#23]
My brother has an M4 AK-47 MP5 SD3 and 2 Mac 11 .380's

the M4 is cool but needs paint to look real

The AK looks amazingly real stock and the fake wood looks similar to real (better than average) chinese wood.

I guess they probably got to look closer at the real AK than the M4.

[b]He took one to my Guard armory and my platoon SGT wanted to see how bad it hurt and he said "shoot me in the ass" to be funny

My brother let loose one BB and one of my Guard buddies hit him with about 10 bb's from the MP5 and leveled him on the ground twitching.

It was a riot.

His guns average about 400FPS [b]
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 9:44:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Actually its a rifle not a reciever.  It was SUPPOSED to be a reciever but once govt funds got involved some people had a field day and did things that they were not supposed to do.  Now we have a Special Purpose Rifle which is WAY more expensive that what was planned.  Incompetance bordering on fraud.
View Quote

Dude... what the hell are you talking about?
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 11:08:29 AM EDT
[#25]
what do yall think the range on this thing is
[img]http://www.a2g2.com/whatsnew/SPR/147.jpg[/img] its made to be shot at people so it cant go that fast or it will penetrate the skin
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 1:02:41 PM EDT
[#26]

[b]He took one to my Guard armory and my platoon SGT wanted to see how bad it hurt and he said "shoot me in the ass" to be funny
View Quote

That's a stupid move.

edit to add: [b]And funny as hell! Feel the power of airsoft.[/b]
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 2:05:50 PM EDT
[#27]
what do yall think the range on this thing is

www.a2g2.com/whatsnew/SPR/147.jpg

its made to be shot at people so it cant go that fast or it will penetrate the skin
View Quote

Actually that is a picture of a real SPR from the anti-terrorist operations in the Phillipines in 2002. So I imagine the effective range is around 600m and even though it is made to be shot at people, I bet it will penetrate the skin OK.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 7:04:43 PM EDT
[#28]
MM, nobody is getting MY 3 months worth of income for a damn ring! (unless it's the ring that rules them all[:)])
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 9:07:49 PM EDT
[#29]
haha, i hear ya duffy.
my wife's cool, but she draws the line when i start calling my M4 'my precioussssssss'. [:D]
cheers!
MM
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 9:16:00 PM EDT
[#30]
lol, I'm give her a ring made out of a paper clip while making her sign the prenub [:d]
You got a great wife.  Nothing says gold digger more loudly than a demand for a ring before the wedding ring.  Sorry for hijaking the thread.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 10:08:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Stryfe, ROFLMAO, but...

No such thing as "free" sex.  That ring's just a "down payment" on a debt you'll spend the rest of your life paying off. [;)][:D]
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 1:30:04 PM EDT
[#32]
"Super Reprica"  [LOL]

[img]http://www.a2g2.com/data/top_item/17.jpg[/img]

I love it!  (Or should I say, I ROVE IT!)
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 5:37:27 AM EDT
[#33]
I have two airsoft AEGs (a MP5-sized G3 and a FN P90), and have to say they're a total blast.  I can't own either in real life, and I certainly couldn't shoot the real things in my basement, naked, while having my morning cup of coffee!  Without getting busted, that is.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 11:50:17 PM EDT
[#34]
My son has two MP5's, an XM177 (that has real handguards, pistol grip, and a BSA red dot sight on it), two M9's, and an HK USP, all airsoft.  He loves them, and is able to arm all his friends when they come over to play war in the backyard.

I wish my dad would have bought me that kind of stuff as a kid... which is why I bought it for mine (of course!).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top