Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2004 10:24:28 PM EST
[Last Edit: 5/12/2004 10:24:55 PM EST by SkagSig40]
I found it looking for info on TW25B.

http://www.g96.com/TR-01-97.pdf

Enjoy!
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 10:25:45 PM EST
Dang! Can someone get the link to work? Sorry!!!!
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 11:57:25 PM EST
Link works okay (cut & paste), maybe ya want it active like so: www.g96.com/TR-01-97.pdf

Mike
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 7:28:20 AM EST
That is really cool, and it makes me even happier that I jsut switched to the FP-10 Woo HOO
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 2:38:17 PM EST
I just can't beleve TW25B caused a failure though! It is supposed to perform in extreems???
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 4:01:42 PM EST

Originally Posted By SkagSig40:
I just can't beleve TW25B caused a failure though! It is supposed to perform in extreems???

I wonder if the Kleen Bore TW-25B was the oil form/MC-2500.
Kleen Bore calls the MC-2500 oil TW-25B high Tech Lubricant.Its not TW-25B and I bet thats what they used.
Raymond
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 4:09:52 PM EST
Ive seen this test on MPC's web-site.
I would say thats why MPC/FP-10 started using the twist open bottle tops/applicators to remedy the waste issue during application.
I dont see it as an issue though,I always get whatever oil Ive used on everything I touch,including TW-25B grease.If I dont I feel like I did not do a good job.
Like Ive said before Firepower FP-10 CLP and Mil-comm TW-25B grease are the best out there and I remain conviced.
Raymond
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 6:09:40 PM EST
Kleen Bore TW-25B is a grease, I dont know if its thae same as mil-comm TW-25B or not.

I like Tetra over tw-25b seams to have a longer shelf life as the tw25b i have in stock is 3 years old and has turned into a liquid. I got some tetra older than that and its still stable.

I think tetra change its chem compostion as it no longer needs to be kneeded to use the greae.

aka watch G96 on certain plastics i lost a Klein wire case and 2 all weather Master locks to the use of G96. Plastic got real brittle and cracked on its own. I hve used it on my Bushmaster stocks so far 2 years no ill affects. but know I use FP-10.

Link Posted: 5/13/2004 7:49:47 PM EST

Originally Posted By Gregory_K:
Kleen Bore TW-25B is a grease, I dont know if its thae same as mil-comm TW-25B or not.

I like Tetra over tw-25b seams to have a longer shelf life as the tw25b i have in stock is 3 years old and has turned into a liquid. I got some tetra older than that and its still stable.

I think tetra change its chem compostion as it no longer needs to be kneeded to use the greae.

aka watch G96 on certain plastics i lost a Klein wire case and 2 all weather Master locks to the use of G96. Plastic got real brittle and cracked on its own. I hve used it on my Bushmaster stocks so far 2 years no ill affects. but know I use FP-10.

GregoryK,
Yeah Kleen Bore offers the Mil-comm TW-25B grease in the tube and syringe.But they also sell the MC-2500 and label it TW-25B high Tech in a 2oz. dropper bottle.Made me wonder if thats what they tested since Mil-comm makes the TW-25B for Kleen Bore.TW-25B should be TW-25B.
By the way if you shake/work those tubes of TW-25B to mix the oil back into the PTFE it will be good to go.Same goes for the syringe.Pull the plunger back some and shake the devil out of it and it will mix back in.I use to always have to shake the tubes of TW-25B before use.Seems it seperated in a matter of days.
I had heard that about the G96 before but forgot.Same goes for Militec.I had a small bottle of M-1 leak in the butt staock of my A2 and it ate the foam liner.Had the samething happen with some DPMS 10 round polymer mags.M-1 melted them somewhat with just trace amounts from the upper and magwell.
Like you all Im using these days is FP-10 so I dont have any worries.
Raymond
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 1:49:45 AM EST
I do kneed it well, its just a little thin for my taste, now it seams to thin.

Anymore I only use it in my buffer tube to take out the spring noise. I am thinking of trying back on my hicap springfield 45 andd see if it stops the feeding issues with blazer. Every now and then i get a a small feed problem with blazer, weapon lubed well with fp-10. It may just need some polishing.
Top Top