Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 9/14/2003 9:04:28 PM EDT
There is an M3 designed for the Springfield XD subcompacts. It's even smaller and lighter than the regular M3.

who has the best price on them?
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 11:10:50 PM EDT
i didn't know there was a smaller version of the M3. the best new price i've found is at www.impactguns.com. for LE/Mil it was $104 and $112 or 118 for civilian. i've ordered a few small things from them before off the website. problem free, but i though shipping was a little much. $9 for a 32 dollar order. USPS priority would've been $4. but that is splitting hairs a little.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 4:02:10 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 2:13:37 PM EDT
The Springfield XML WhiteLight made by Insight Technology, Inc. is a single 3V Lithium 123A powered light. http://www.springfield-armory.com/prod-xdpstl-xml.shtml [img]http://www.springfield-armory.com/images/xd-pistol/XMLLarge.jpg[/img] I believe I saw this (or one very much like it) at the SHOT Show 2003. It's output was pathetic even with a new battery. The page above claims peak output of 50 Lumens. Now don't get me wrong, I wasn't standing over the intergrating sphere when the Lumen output curves were measured (assuming they did measure them rather than use the bulb specs to calculate a value), and I've not seen one recently so I can't say it isn't 50Lu What I do know is that the 15 Lumen output of the SureFire E1e was superior in a side-by-side trial of the light I saw. Perhaps because the runtime isn't clearly stated, it has been traded for output and now it is too shameful to publish? It would be pushing the 123A battery really hard. Harder then perhaps any other flashlight. For $129 you can pretty much get a SureFire L4 which is their 5W Luxeon LED model that is tiny and is impressively bright. Even a competitor, Arc Flashlght LLC. had tested an L4 at 81 Lu (SureFire rate their L4 "[i]With a maximum light output of 65 lumens, the L4 is the first LED flashlight bright enough to qualify for tactical use.[/i]") I have never read a user review of the XML so I'm willing to stand corrected if shown evidence. If it can output anything close to 50Lu compared to say, double the SureFire E2o Outdoorsman's 25Lu then at $129 I may well consider getting one. I look forward with keen interest to the user reviews and feedback of this new light. Al
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 7:11:04 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Size15s: I believe I saw this (or one very much like it) at the SHOT Show 2003. It's output was pathetic even with a new battery.
View Quote
Is it bright enough to let me tell the difference between my 3 year old son and a burglar from across a typical bedroom?
Top Top