Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/4/2006 8:33:44 PM EDT
Any suggestions for the cheapest place (with good service) to get Blackhawk gear?  I might need them to special order one or two things.  Thanks.

HighSpeedSteel
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:39:15 PM EDT
[#1]
there are better brands than make stuff in the US not veitnam
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:55:43 PM EDT
[#2]
"Any suggestions for the cheapest place (with good service) to get Blackhawk gear? I might need them to special order one or two things. Thanks."

Why Blackhawk? If you need to "special order" something, then a smaller nylon builder will be better able to serve you.  If it's cost alone, Walmart has nylon bags, duct tape and bag ties.

Good luck
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:15:35 PM EDT
[#3]
To answer your original question, if you buy online, as far as I know, all the various vendors require you to order through Blackhawk's website, which means that it is going to be the same price anywhere for the same item.  Additionally, the items will be shipped factory direct so customer service from any vendor is a moot point.  Expect to wait awhile to get what you ordered.  I ordered three different items once and Blackhawk shipped each item separate over the next month and a half.  I only had to pay shipping on the first item though.

I don't have any hangups with buying imported goods from any country, which the exception of maybe France.  That said, I would recommend that if you can find the same item from Eagle, etc. for roughly the same price, I would go that route.  The product will most likely be better quality and you don't have to worry about the buy American people giving you a hard time.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:17:22 AM EDT
[#4]

Unless you are in a big hurry, I would suggest cruising the EE.  I'm slowly putting together a MOLLE vest and have found some really good deals on the EE on very good quality stuff like Eagle and HSGI.  

YMMV
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:27:39 AM EDT
[#5]
made in vietnam
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:09:40 AM EDT
[#6]
You can get deals on Blackhawk items at 20% off retail through G&R Tactical if you e-mail him your order... see his website for details.

Elite Tactical Sources, Dallas Tactical, Lightfighter Tactical, and Quantico Arms also have better than MSRP pricing on most Blackhawk items to go with their good customer service.  These dealers also have their own inventory and shipping on Blackhawk merchandise.

As jason_h stated, most of the other dealers out there just link you to a factory direct Blackhawk web portal where you deal directly with Blackhawk.  Be prepared to wait if you use these web portals.

As for being made in Vietnam, I couldn't care less.  I've been buying Blackhawk products for years and years... in fact, one of my discreet carbine cases is marked "Made in America" from the times before they moved production to Korea (and eventually to Vietnam).  I've seen poor QC on some of the old Korean items, but current production Vietnamese items have been of the highest quality.

I do prefer to buy American, but sometimes those items are not available or affordable.  YMMV.

-Randy
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:47:28 AM EDT
[#7]
two words Patriot outfitters!  Their gear is backed 100% i have never had any probs and who cares if it is made by slave labor.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:10:15 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
made in vietnam

Still?  I thought they brought production back stateside, or at least that is what I had been told....
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 1:19:25 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Still?  I thought they brought production back stateside, or at least that is what I had been told....

Blackhawk does make many items within the United States, especially for items/contracts purchased by the federal government that must comply with the Berry Amendment.  However, most of their tactical nylon items sold to the general public are still made in Vietnam.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 1:23:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks, that is a direct contradiction to what I've been hearing, but I guess its all about the money to most companies.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:44:58 PM EDT
[#11]
These are the 2 places I have found gear for the lowest price

Elite Tactical Source

Op. Tactical.com
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:22:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 2:54:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Nike sneakers are made in Vietnam for what it's worth. Also items made in the US could be made by Vietnamese employees anyway. It doesn't matter where it's made as long as the person buying it is happy with what they bought.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:59:28 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Any suggestions for the cheapest place (with good service) to get Blackhawk gear?  I might need them to special order one or two things.  Thanks.

HighSpeedSteel

Wow!  You paid for a membership to support this site and you still got shit on about wanting to buy Blackhawk gear. hawk
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 9:09:02 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
It doesn't matter where it's made as long as the person buying it is happy with what they bought.

If you are happy buying over-priced goods from a country that exports slave labor, then Blackhawk is definately the company for you. As for me, I will stick with the dozens of companies out there that make better and often less expensive U.S. made gear.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 9:34:13 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Wow!  You paid for a membership to support this site and you still got shit on about wanting to buy Blackhawk gear.

What the fuck does paying for a membership have to do with it? You think it makes you immune to criticism?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:48:50 AM EDT
[#17]
What about Eagle Industries, American, Vietnamese, Chinese, or some combination of the above?

It all looks like a non-issue to me, if made in the US, where did the materials come from, the Gulag, Chinese slave labor camps, some celebrity's US sweatshop?

How many of them freely give complete disclosure like we got from Helmie of i-SHOT or even bother to notice this forum?

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:43:04 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
What about Eagle Industries, American, Vietnamese, Chinese, or some combination of the above?

All Eagle products are manufactured in the U.S.

It all looks like a non-issue to me, if made in the US, where did the materials come from, the Gulag, Chinese slave labor camps, some celebrity's US sweatshop?

Call them and ask, you do have the right to question a company before you buy.

How many of them freely give complete disclosure like we got from Helmie of i-SHOT or even bother to notice this forum?

Most US manufacturers like Eagle, HSGi, Spec-ops etc. proudly proclaim the fact that their products are made here. As for aknowledgement of this forum, news flash.........the world does not revolve around arfcom.

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:54:05 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow!  You paid for a membership to support this site and you still got shit on about wanting to buy Blackhawk gear. hr

What the fuck does paying for a membership have to do with it? You think it makes you immune to criticism?

You're right, f!@# all the stupid people that don't know better.  Especially those that support the site by becoming paying members.  I am getting my checkbook out as we speak.  (this is where my eyes roll back into my head).

If you would be so kind as to please post a f-ing list of the current approved equipment, accessories and gear that are allowed to be discussed and purchased so threads like these can just be avoided in the future, that would be appreciated.

ETA:  If you have some additional criticizing you want to do, here is a good thread going right now about i-shot product that is not made in the USA.  You better get over there quick, cause those poeple need someone to slap them straight about this stuff.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=19&t=263228
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:07:25 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow!  You paid for a membership to support this site and you still got shit on about wanting to buy Blackhawk gear.

You're right, f!@# all the stupid people that don't know better.  Especially those that support the site by becoming paying members.  I am getting my checkbook out as we speak.  (this is where my eyes roll back into my head).

If you would be so kind as to please post a f-ing list of the current approved equipment, accessories and gear that are allowed to be discussed and purchased so threads like these can just be avoided in the future, that would be appreciated.

ETA:  If you have some additional criticizing you want to do, here is a good thread going right now about i-shot product that is not made in the USA.  You better get over there quick, cause those poeple need someone to slap them straight about this stuff.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=19&t=263228

You are the one that brought up the mebership issue genious. I think you should take your medication and calm down. No one said you could not buy what you want. Some people just stated their personal opinions about Blackhawk. As far as whether you pay for a membership, I don't give a shit what you do.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:35:00 PM EDT
[#21]

AR-15 •   Slings and Other Accessories •  Cheapest and best place to get Blackhawk gear?  

Its funny how  a particular question is asked and then twisted into typing battle over what is better. This seems to be the trend & it doesn't matter what the topic is. If people would stick to answering the topic there would be less internet anger
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:50:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Ask a question on the internet, and expect to get answers, though they might not always be what you are looking for.  

Why would becoming a member here make someone or their question suddenly more legit?   I'm missing how someone would draw that connection....
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:37:09 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Ask a question on the internet, and expect to get answers, though they might not always be what you are looking for.

You're exactly right.  So, why would anyone want to pay to support this site (or any site) if their just gonna end up getting the same shitty responses whether they support it or not.  You would think the smarter people here would want to educate their fellow "Team Members", rather than belittle and disrespect them.  Maybe that's too much to ask out of the likes of Big 20", 5db, Southern Gentleman and an Industry Partner though, huh?

Quoted:
Why would becoming a member here make someone or their question suddenly more legit?   I'm missing how someone would draw that connection....

How much more legit could the original question have gotten?  The only connection I drew was that maybe the guy might deserve a modicum of respect, you know, because he is actually supporting the site.  I never said paying for a membership would make an idiot more legit or even "untouchable".  You guys drew that conclusion on your own.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:10:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Try Order-gear.com I tried to order a pair of S.O.L.A.G. Gloves form them but they were backordered so I waited a good while to get them. But overall good prices.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top