Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/17/2005 7:32:48 PM EDT
Does anyone have a line on some 50 Beowulf ammo? The cheapest I have been able to find is at Cheaperthandirt. $21.53 a box. I will surely be getting into the reloading thing here pretty soon but I would also lke to get a case or two of factory ammo to start off with. My upper should be here by Friday.

I know I am not going to find any super deals on this ammo, but one can try their best right?

If not on loaded ammo, where are you guys, that are rolling your own, getting your supplies for this caliber at? Many thanks.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:33:44 PM EDT
Damn, just noticed it isn't even in stock at CTD.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:29:51 PM EDT
Well, after a bit more snooping around, this seems to be the cheapest place. They don't say if the stuff is in stock though. Does anyone have experience with this place?

http://www.competitionshooting.com/
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:54:31 PM EDT
At a buck per round, it's a good time to start reloading and it's one of the easier cartridges to load.

One side note, if you do start reloading, you'll find yourself paying more attention to where the brass is falling than where the bullets are going
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 3:41:07 AM EDT

Originally Posted By H53EXPERT:
Well, after a bit more snooping around, this seems to be the cheapest place. They don't say if the stuff is in stock though. Does anyone have experience with this place?

http://www.competitionshooting.com/

ordered from them before and they are located 15mins away from me. no pick ups and the order was supposedly instock which took almost 2weeks to travel 15mins
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 3:42:22 AM EDT
the best place i found was midwayusa

buy by the case and you save like $3

but the price is usully set at a buck a round, only other option i see is to reload
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:58:29 PM EDT
Well, I went to put in the order with competition shooters and the shipping was going to be $45. I wound up ordering the same reloading stuff at Midway, plus some other things and shipping was only about $16. So even though all the 50Beowulf reloading stuff was a bit more at Midway, I still wound up saving over $15. Even more if you count the other stuff I ordered, as that did not raise the shipping price anymore.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 3:45:32 AM EDT
I've noticed some uppers on the EE in this cal. but haven't had time to research it much. I guess I didn't realize the ammo was $1 a pop. If anyone is loading their own - What is it costing to make one???
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:54:53 PM EDT
This first batch is going to cost me about 71 cents a round, minus gun powder. That is not bad considering I added the cost of the die set into that. After that, I should be able to use the brass 5-10 times so the cost of bullets, powder, primers, is all that will be factored for a bit.

Actually, I haven't priced primers yet, so the 71 cents is going to be a bit more this first time. Definitely worth it in the long run if you ask me. I think once I am settled, I will be able to put them out for a little less than 50 cents a round
Top Top