Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/30/2003 3:38:57 PM EDT
What are your opinions on building vs. buying a lightweight (16" barrel, ACE skeleton stock) AR? Can one be built for ~$700? Everything bought seperate (brand name parts only) and assembled by me.(GULP)
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 3:50:22 PM EDT
[#1]
that is what i did,,BUSHY LS barrel, DPMS lo-pro upper, ace stock, Oly lower..it came in under 700easily..

[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid60/p6b36b80306374167922aa84d9cd3f668/fc4790e3.jpg[/img]

but i also added muzzlebrake, surefire, rear flip up, eotech (not pictured) and camo job..which obviously jacked the price up.but ya can build a shooter for cheap..the reason i built mine was cause i mainly wanted the Bushy barrel and DPMS smoothside upper and ace stock..everything else was irrelavent..plus its pretty easy to build your own, ya get satisfaction (but no warranty).and dont worry bout problems building..this place (AR15.COM) will get ya through it..lol.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 4:19:29 PM EDT
[#2]
gunner 1

I built that rifle.

16" bushy lightweight barrel.  $185
Lower from RRA 100
RRA flattop upper 100
trigger jp w/ speed hammer and springs 185
ace stock w/ buffer and spring 100
lower receiver parts kit 60
oko reflex sight 180
sling $8
charging handle $15
gas tube $7

you can save with a normal hammer and no electronic sight.

But mine is SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!

And I built it.

TXL

here she is before oko reflex
[image]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=10438[/image]

Link Posted: 5/30/2003 4:22:08 PM EDT
[#3]
lol..gunner, he means he built a rifle like the one you described..not mine..lol,lol.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 4:43:25 PM EDT
[#4]
die, you are correct, thanks for the clarification.

WOW, that is some camo job.

Uh, if you drop it in the woods, can you find it? [:D]

TXL
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 6:55:52 PM EDT
[#5]
dunno..lol..its urban camo!![:o] so its sees places like indoor gun ranges and patrolling my apt complex for badguys.lol.NOW if i set up against a building im jus lost..lol
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 10:42:54 PM EDT
[#6]
The chamber is part of the barrel, correct?  Not a separate upper receiver piece?  

Does RRA have mil-spec lowers?  If so, I've been thinking about slapping together a Frankengun with RRA Lower, some upper with milled feed ramps(not sure what has these) and the Bushmaster barrel also feed ramped by Kurts.  Is this possible to do?
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 8:36:59 AM EDT
[#7]
can you get the camo job done to any rifle, if so where at and approx cost? thanks die
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 9:59:27 AM EDT
[#8]
yipper ya can do anything, rifle , pistol, mags. etc..i had it done at[url]http://www.sasarmory.com/shopspecials/shopspecials.html [/url], talk to steve , super nice guy..the website lists prices.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top