Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 6/6/2003 2:08:54 PM EDT
Are these any good, or POS's?
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 2:24:02 PM EDT
The steel ones are usually USA brand mags. I dont own any but I guess they work as range mags.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 2:51:39 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 3:24:03 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Troy: They are best used as targets. Buy ONLY USGI mags, or you'll wish that you did when you're out the money you spend on the junk mags, and have to buy USGI mags anyway. -Troy
View Quote
Ditto on that !
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 4:10:37 PM EDT
The last magazines I brought from them were indeed, 'CHEAPER THAN DIRT'! Don't waste your money. Get the USGI magazines, and don't look back!
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 4:25:33 PM EDT
i has four CTD mags for an M14. Big mistake! they were junk. but what do you expect...putting $12 mags in a $1200 gun. they took them back though, and i've ordered plenty of other good stuff from them.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 5:09:09 PM EDT
Originally Posted By tango_down: i has four CTD mags for an M14. Big mistake! they were junk. but what do you expect...putting $12 mags in a $1200 gun. ....
View Quote
Those magazines have a useful purpose: to be the preban M-14 mag converted into an AR-10 magazine using the Armalite Conversion Kit! ________________________________________________ [img]http://www.pre-ban.com/forums/ranks/usmc-gsgt.gif[/img][img]http://www.pre-ban.com/forums/images/avatars/471897163ec56dcf95bbe.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 7:38:24 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 8:02:05 PM EDT
Lately I have found that Cheaper than dirt is no longer Cheap at all. I went into the store in Ft. worth and spied USED Ak mags for $29.99. These were hammered pieces of shit too. Looked like someone took a ball peen hammer to them. Check www.cdnninvestments.com or buy from the equipment exchange. All the Ar mags I have seen from CTD were USA brand trash. AS stated earlier they do make fine targets. For AR, buy USGI only and you wont have any complaints.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 12:03:11 AM EDT
Originally Posted By chaos4570: Lately I have found that Cheaper than dirt is no longer Cheap at all. I went into the store in Ft. worth and spied USED Ak mags for $29.99. These were hammered pieces of shit too. Looked like someone took a ball peen hammer to them. Check www.cdnninvestments.com or buy from the equipment exchange. All the Ar mags I have seen from CTD were USA brand trash. AS stated earlier they do make fine targets. For AR, buy USGI only and you wont have any complaints.
View Quote
I've ordered their used ak mags online for 10 bucks each and they are worn but work ok. Their AR steel mags are pure crapola. I agree with you about USGI but jeeez they cost. At this rate It'll take me years to buy a thousand of them!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 12:10:47 AM EDT
I used to order all kinds of stuff includding ammo from Cheaperthandirt.com, Its seems thier shipping cost have went up and the $3 ammo fee for shipping really turned me off. I only order from the sportsmanguide. Oh thier AR mags are made by Western Metal ind. They are pretty crappy. I was out shooting and this guy had a mini-30 and he said that he got the 20 round mags from cheaper than dirt and they work fine after a little filing. But he said he wish he could buy more.
Top Top