Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 5/4/2004 1:19:28 PM EDT
I just checked out GPSS and got sticker shock on their BH 77 gr Nosler ammo. I should get my new SPR upper in the mail tomorrow and I want to shoot as close to mil-spec SPR ammo that I can. Am I stuck with paying $350 for 500 rounds of this stuff or is there other options? I am clueless to all the different loads and bullets used. I know that the real SPR is 77 grain Sierra Match King's right? After that I just get confused. Let me know what my options are. Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 5:58:33 PM EDT
Well, it's not as hot as the mil-spec Nosler stuff, but if you just want a 77gr load that's very accurate, try the Black Hills blue box 77gr Sierras. I'd also recommend the Hornady 75gr load from Carl Leisinger at www.radomski.us/njhp/major.htm. Good stuff, good terminal performance, relatively inexpensive.

You probably won't be able to find another commercial load as hot as the Mk262 stuff.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 11:45:54 PM EDT
The Major's price was better but I still don't understand why this is so much more than regular 55 or 62 grain stuff. There is a local guy that reloads once fired LC brass and I get alot of my stuff from him for $150 for 1000.
Top Top