Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2006 6:58:19 AM EDT
Hello one and all,

Some time ago there was a post about a "cheap" trigger job for AR rifles.  

Talked about polishing the hammer/trigger and slight modification of the hammer and trigger springs.

Anyone help me out ? ?

Thanks  ! !

Link Posted: 4/17/2006 7:28:09 AM EDT
[#1]
I think the post you are looking for is "4 Lb AR Trigger on a Budget. A How-To Post".  Unfortunately it is no longer available, but I did find this for you:

gun-talk.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=57;t=000269

This has the same (similiar if nothing else) instructions on how to get a cheap trigger job.

If you do it, let me know how it works out.  I replaced my trigger with a Jewell.  I still have the stock (8lb) and would like to modify it for a backup (if it's worth the time and effort).
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 8:00:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Or you can go on Brownell's web sight and order the JP Enterprises AR15 reduced power spring kit for like $9.98 plus under $2.00 for light weight shipping. Will cut your trigger pull in half but you will still have the take up. They recomend a JP Enterprises light weight hammer to stop any lite strikes on hard primers but if you look at their light weight hammer, its just a plain hammer with the tail cut off. You can do that to your old hammer with a dremel cut off wheel.This plus polishing the sear is what i have done to 3 of my ARs and have had many compliments on my triggers and so far it has the power to fire everything i've shot.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top