Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Posted: 4/17/2006 6:58:19 AM EDT
Hello one and all,

Some time ago there was a post about a "cheap" trigger job for AR rifles.  

Talked about polishing the hammer/trigger and slight modification of the hammer and trigger springs.

Anyone help me out ? ?

Thanks  ! !

Link Posted: 4/17/2006 7:28:09 AM EDT
I think the post you are looking for is "4 Lb AR Trigger on a Budget. A How-To Post".  Unfortunately it is no longer available, but I did find this for you:

gun-talk.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=57;t=000269

This has the same (similiar if nothing else) instructions on how to get a cheap trigger job.

If you do it, let me know how it works out.  I replaced my trigger with a Jewell.  I still have the stock (8lb) and would like to modify it for a backup (if it's worth the time and effort).
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 8:00:35 AM EDT
Or you can go on Brownell's web sight and order the JP Enterprises AR15 reduced power spring kit for like $9.98 plus under $2.00 for light weight shipping. Will cut your trigger pull in half but you will still have the take up. They recomend a JP Enterprises light weight hammer to stop any lite strikes on hard primers but if you look at their light weight hammer, its just a plain hammer with the tail cut off. You can do that to your old hammer with a dremel cut off wheel.This plus polishing the sear is what i have done to 3 of my ARs and have had many compliments on my triggers and so far it has the power to fire everything i've shot.
Top Top