Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/19/2002 3:10:27 PM EDT
I was wondering about the cheaper ammo, like wolf, barnaul etc that has steel case. Are these okay to shoot in the AR. Really what I am asking is will they do harm to the rifle? I'm sure it is better to shoot say surplus brass cased ammo, I just wondered if I shot 1k worth of wolf through my AR if it would damage it?
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 3:16:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 3:18:23 PM EDT
[#2]
hi Ed, first you might want to look at the ammo FAQ section. you will find alot of good info there. that being said, i wouldnt use Wolf in my weapon, but many people do, and many people like it. the supposed problem with wolf is the laquer they use on the ammo, and the steel cases being harder on your extractor. i havent seen any hard scientific evidence of either causing major probs. i prefer to use South African , Guatemalen, or commercial UMC ammo. good luck, and id highly suggest hitting the ammo FAQ section.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top