Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/14/2005 1:24:26 PM EDT
I recently bought and had the Tapco T6 Collapsable stock installed on my bushmaster. It looks great but when you pull back the charging handle it rubs against the top of the stock. Anyone ever have this happen, is It possible that the stocks installed wrong?
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 2:51:56 PM EDT

Originally Posted By chakachim:
I recently bought and had the Tapco T6 Collapsable stock installed on my bushmaster. It looks great but when you pull back the charging handle it rubs against the top of the stock. Anyone ever have this happen, is It possible that the stocks installed wrong?

Not sure about collapsable, but on my A2 it looks like it might very lightly touch it. There is a very slight discoloration of the stock back to about where the charging handle stops
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 5:58:03 PM EDT
No this rubs violently, like I have to pull up hard on it just to get it to come back. and when I let go, it cant slide all the way forward
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:09:29 PM EDT
I have a bushmaster that came with a tele stock. If the stock is all the way up it rubs a little, but nothin major. If it's not too bad, I'd just take a file and remove a little off the top of the stock.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:24:31 PM EDT
Well after a close look, it looks like the buffer tube may be at a bit of an upward angle. Is this possible, can it damage my gun, wouldnt that mean that the bolt carrier would hit the buffer at an angle.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:55:29 PM EDT

Originally Posted By chakachim:
Well after a close look, it looks like the buffer tube may be at a bit of an upward angle. Is this possible, can it damage my gun, wouldnt that mean that the bolt carrier would hit the buffer at an angle.

Well if its at an angle, it would be cross threaded or bent. Also, I think, and I could be wrong here, that if it was cross threaded/angled that the carrier woud jam up when it tried to enter the buffer tube.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:05:01 PM EDT
okay its not crossthreaded, and it actually works flawlessly, no failures at all. so maybe its just a matter of sanding down the top of the stock and the plate that came with it.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:48:02 AM EDT
Top Top