Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/21/2006 4:48:09 PM EDT
I just bought this upper (pic below) that has a Colt A1 receiver (c k) and will be using a new Colt bolt in a LMT carrier.
Question is, do I buy a charging handle for the LMT carrier or for the Colt A1 upper?
Thanks

pic of upper;

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:03:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Just get yourself a $20 CMT CH from one of the ARFCOM supporters. CMT is a contractor for Colt. They are universal for all brands regardless of upper or bolt / carrier.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:39:56 PM EDT
[#2]
basically any will work but a colt one will match in color better.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 2:37:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Any will work, But i have found Colt to be stronger(less twist)when used with a Tac latch.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 3:57:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Any CH will do. But if you are looking to have a COLT set up, then go with a Colt CH.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:27:33 AM EDT
[#5]
how do you tell if a charging handle is a colt or not.  ive seen may gi uppers but havent noticed any markings on them.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:32:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Drink lots of Kool-Aid and you'll find out.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 12:15:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Armalite's charging handles are a little thicker, stronger than others.  That is my pick of the litter for charging handles.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top