Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 12/24/2005 2:38:50 AM EDT
Gentlemans,

I've just installed an A3 upper on my AR, it was a naked A3 upper, I re-installed my own barrel, free float handguard, bolt, bolt carrier and charging handle.

The new upper is very tight (non overly so, just nicely tight) on the takedown pins.

Now the charging handle is very stiff to maneuver(sp), it seems that the new upper is pressing the handle against the lower.

It's not so tight that impede operation, just very stiff (however if I pull handle and let the bolt go, everything closes perfectly).

Is this something to worry about? or just a matter to operate it various times in order to let parts sit properly and adjust themselves?

Any info VERY appreciated,

Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 4:38:33 AM EDT
Did you by any chance also switch from full length buffer system to collapsable system?
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 4:55:38 AM EDT

Originally Posted By die-tryin:
Did you by any chance also switch from full length buffer system to collapsible system?

I'm curious about this D-T.

I changed one over, and had a similar problem to Underdog's.

I figured it was the LMT/SOPMOD stock, but after using a regular M4 it was the same

W/LMT stock, the charging handle actually scrapes the top of the stock - barely- but it does.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:08:06 AM EDT
I have left the stock I already had, a collassable SOPMOD crane stock installed on my original three postion buffer tube. I worked the handle quite a bit, and in the process of checking good feed I loaded dummy rounds from magazine, now the drag has lessened quite a bit, however the handle now show a bright spot in the middle (the portion that slide inside receiver).
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:18:34 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:18:04 AM EDT
I did just that, and worked like charm, I shot my ar today and now charging handle is working smooth as silk, thanks guys!
Top Top